Is there actually any photographers out there who want to shoot models...

Is there actually any photographers out there who want to shoot models with clothes on?!

83 posts
12 Feb 2014
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Charlie, your very pretty but nothing in your folio or the limited feedback would make me want to pay you for fashion work even if you lived in the same town as me. Pretty does'nt tell me you can model fashion !

from your folio i know nothing of your ability to pose yourself and without direction (if i have to direct you then why don't i just hire someone else who needs no direction ?)as others mention, clothing, styling and so on also plays a part

like most others on here i do not get paid for this type of photography, it's a hobby, i could shoot any number of new models clothed on tfcd, knowing that yes i may need to assist with direction,that they may not present perfectly or come with a massive selection of clothing but at least im not paying for it.

i save my money for the shoots i need a good model for an idea i have, generally again this is involving some level of nudity which i normally expect to pay for around here, if it was clothed i can use numerous new models, friends relatives etc to practice it without cost to myself,

times are hard now and money much tighter, i had to put back a shoot this month as i did not make the bonus i expected at work, you have that to contend with too, your levels also put you way down the "willing to pay for list" on these types of forums.
i'd shoot clothed work every day of the week, in fact i like nothing more than portrait work, but i'm not going to be paying for it,as i have a cost free alternative.
The most i ever paid per hour to a model was in fact a fashion model Brit Lee, however her credentials were impeccable and her posing, outfits,styling,and professionalism i am not qualified to even question. So yes people will pay for fashion, but only if they know you can provide it at a top level

Posted 13 Feb 2014
barone
Photographer
barone
I shoot fashion....but it requires a lot more effort in terms of planning & execution, as well as involving other skilled people to achieve the end result...hence your average hobbyist may find it too time consuming......fun though.
Posted 13 Feb 2014
Edited by barone 13 Feb 2014
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
Yes I shoot models with clothes on. Most of the time actually.

Posted 13 Feb 2014
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
Plus I would expect a nude model and a fashion model and a glamour model to look completely different (generally).

Posted 13 Feb 2014
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2
Hi Charlotte if you look at my web page on studio shoots

http://www.skid2me.co.uk/skid/family/studio.htm

most of my work is with clothes on but I do like shooting lingerie which for me as a mere male is no different to swimwear. So although you are just down the road I would under normal circumstance not contact you.

I also control what I shoot by providing the clothes (229 outfits of which 74 evening/day dresses, 20 skirts & blouses, 22 bikini and costumes 26 bra sets) and a shoot profile for the model to comment on. Since I like the control I therefore have to pay for any shoot along with reasonable expense and I have budget which limits me to the models I can use.

So in answer to your thread Yes I photograph models with their clothes on

Posted 13 Feb 2014
windowman9
Photographer
windowman9
HI , Most of the time i DO NOT send messages to the new models on this site owing to the fact they do not reply ,however i have sent a message to your good self saying i will work with you up to YOUR levels of modeling , plus help with any traveling costs and also said you are welcome to bring a friend with you if you wish ,so i will wait for your reply [ if i am lucky to get one ]and see where we will go ??
Posted 6 March 2014
IRONBLOKEMAN
Photographer
IRONBLOKEMAN
I will shoot models with their clothes on. Its more of a challenge

Posted 6 March 2014
Millzy82
Photographer
Millzy82
My last shoot was with a model who remained fully clothed throughout.

Posted 6 March 2014
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Possibly but probably not with me if wanting payment, with two daughters, the youngest being published at age 5 and the eldest appearing in The Italian Vogue, with their friends, regular models and their friends and families I have more than enough "models" shooting clothed / casual sets for free.

Whilst I'm happy to pay the model and cover travel costs I only do paid shoots starting at a topless level, not implied I will add, if I really want to shoot with someone in particular I might be tempted to do a paid lingerie shoot but that is a rarity

Posted 8 March 2014
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster

Yep.

When I pay a model its for her skills, ability, looks etc... not to see her tits.

Posted 8 March 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
cgwebster
Yep. When I pay a model its for her skills, ability, looks etc... not to see her tits.
In my dictionary 'ability' and 'skills' are synonyms. Does that mean you refuse to take photos of models in any state of undress or if they should be wearing a sheer top? Your post suggests that you think that anyone who does pay a model for nude work is paying to see a naked body. Do you work with models who would take their clothes off for money, or is your position as fundamentalist as your post implies? Perhaps you could clarify ? Personally I wouldn't normally pay models who aren't comfortable posing naked, but have been known to.... just as I occasionally buy bottled water, but normally tap-water is fine.
Posted 8 March 2014
Edited by stolenfaces 8 March 2014
silverk
Photographer
silverk
Erm I believe I have shot you and never asked you to take your clothes off, so Im happy to do so.

Posted 8 March 2014
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
stolenfaces
In my dictionary 'ability' and 'skills' are synonyms.
You're right, one of them words was redundant
Does that mean you refuse to take photos of models in any state of undress or if they should be wearing a sheer top? Your post suggests that you think that anyone who does pay a model for nude work is paying to see a naked body. Do you work with models who would take their clothes off for money, or is your position as fundamentalist as your post implies? Perhaps you could clarify ?
Sure - I have no issue with nudity and people who work to those levels and occasionally do myself (well, the model, not me), didn't mean that to some across all Sharia. it was in response to some who said they would *only* be prepared to pay a model for topless/nude shoots. IMO that's paying to see more flesh, rather than paying for ability.
Personally I wouldn't normally pay models who aren't comfortable posing naked, but have been known to.... just as I occasionally buy bottled water, but normally tap-water is fine.
I agree a model who is comfortable working nude is often better to work with. Which H2O is of course your prerogative
Posted 8 March 2014
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Paul_Jones

I'm just throwing this out as a suggestion, but the line in your profile that reads  "I like having my own say in what I shoot and not always getting told what is going to happen by the photographer."  might possibly deter or raise a question mark with some photographers.

Best regards
Paul

I'd say. I mean with a TF shoot fair enough if the model wants some creative input, but with a paid shoot its the photographer who is supposed to call the shots. 
Posted 8 March 2014
digineil
Photographer
digineil
I shoot clothed models and also shoot up to lingerie. I still get models contacting me offering nude shoots
Posted 9 March 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join