Free bleeding ?

Free bleeding ?

26 posts
5 Feb 2014
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
anomie

I read an actual feminist blog on the subject and it sounded a lot more.. sane. It was more saying that women should get used to what their bodies do naturally and accept it rather than feel ashamed of something that's perfectly natural. (Not go bleed all over themselves in public) Here's the link to the second one I read: http://community.feministing.com/2012/08/27/letting-ourselves-bleed/

Hear hear and stop charging VAT on the sanitary products.  My signifcant ex was always going on about that and that was over twenty years ago. Nothing chages and unfortunately some mens attitudes either.  When this thread started I thought WTF and why did the OP actually post it.   You girls suffer enough without idiots as well. 
Posted 7 Feb 2014
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecooked
Girls, go hippy style and use a natural sponge! That's what my sister used to do back in the day!

Posted 7 Feb 2014
ossies
Photographer
ossies
Why bring a subject like this up on Pure Storm,, Some togs must be fascinated by talking about Vaginas and just wonder what
other thoughts go through there tiny little brain .

If I was a Model I would not want to work with Togs who introduce a Topic like this ..

Posted 7 Feb 2014
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Posted 8 Feb 2014
"If you happen to come in contact with a Feminist who tries to push this disgusting idea on you, throw a tampon at them and run away as fast as you can."

HAHA This cracked me up!

Posted 8 Feb 2014
laylarc
Model
laylarc
Erm, guys, the whole thing was a joke & that article is a satire. A bloody funny one (that's a pun, in case you have trouble recognising jokes when they're hidden in serious sentences).

Do you believe everything you read on the Internet? Or just stuff about crazy feminists?

Posted 8 Feb 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
laylarc
Do you believe everything you read on the Internet? Or just stuff about crazy feminists?
Do you mean to say there are sane ones? (that's a joke btw)
Posted 8 Feb 2014
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecooked
My response depends on if Charlotte Moss is on this site……..

Posted 8 Feb 2014
Freebleeding is a 4chan joke.

I'm sure there are people out there who don't wear sanitary products, but this particular fad was just made up by a group of trolls who had nothing better to do.

Posted 10 Feb 2014
Sdeve
Photographer
Sdeve
laylarc
Erm, guys, the whole thing was a joke & that article is a satire. A bloody funny one (that's a pun, in case you have trouble recognising jokes when they're hidden in serious sentences). Do you believe everything you read on the Internet? Or just stuff about crazy feminists?
The problem, if problem it be, is that it is believable. The article linked showed two different sides. One was the purported bleeders, and given the extremes that some so called feminists achieve, it was believable that somewhere out there was a group who believed this. The other side was the extreme Christian attitude toward these alleged bleeders. The attitude they displayed was equally as believable on the basis that out there somewhere is a Christian group who would believe the tripe being offered as an objection to the practice. In fact, by Christian fundamentalist standards, the objections were quite mild in their content. The article actually says, IMO, more about extremist feminism and extremist Christianity than it does about anyone's gullibility.
Posted 10 Feb 2014
laylarc
Model
laylarc
Sdeve
The problem, if problem it be, is that it is believable. The article linked showed two different sides. One was the purported bleeders, and given the extremes that some so called feminists achieve, it was believable that somewhere out there was a group who believed this. The other side was the extreme Christian attitude toward these alleged bleeders. The attitude they displayed was equally as believable on the basis that out there somewhere is a Christian group who would believe the tripe being offered as an objection to the practice. In fact, by Christian fundamentalist standards, the objections were quite mild in their content. The article actually says, IMO, more about extremist feminism and extremist Christianity than it does about anyone's gullibility.
This satire plays on the idea that people are freaked out by menstrual blood, and the idea of a gang of feral women being all uppetty and not doing as they're told. Like all effective Internet satires, the truth is in the reaction to the satire rather than the joke itself. Of course it contains elements of truth. That's a reason, but not an excuse for falling for an obvious wind-up & getting in a tizzy about it. You can't burn snow either!
Posted 10 Feb 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join