I Spit On Your Grave 2

I Spit On Your Grave 2

19 posts
2 Feb 2014
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
I think that, as with many aspects of life, you have to take the context into consideration. My main image has received a few comments on Facebook from folks who find it 'uncomfortable' and 'unsettling' yet I've only received positive comments on modelling sites because we understand the nature of our art in greater depth.

However, there should be boundaries not to be crossed but since these will always be based on moral values, how can they be drawn? I've seen 'I Spit on your Grave' and by today's standards found it fairly tame. It would be positively 'Disneyesque' compared to that Serbian film where a baby was raped with the umbilical cord still attached.

The numbing of morals will always be a contentious issue.

Posted 5 Feb 2014
EdT
Photographer
EdT
tonycsm
That may well be true now as we are de-sensitised to on-screen violence these days but would that be the case over 50 years ago when the film was first released? When Psycho was first screened, many people fainted or ran from the cinema and yet there was very little actual violence ( relative to today's film offerings) in the infamous shower scene - it was all mostly generated in the mind of the viewer so it's clear that although they knew it to be just a film, it still had a particularly disturbing effect upon a minority of them and for a number of those from what I've subsequently read, it left them with an innate fear of showers, so films can and do influence people's thinking.
Huh? How on earth does something leave you with an innate fear?
Posted 5 Feb 2014
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
EdT

Huh? How on earth does something leave you with an innate fear?

To be absolutely honest I haven't a clue why I wrote that! I meant to say irrational fear
Posted 5 Feb 2014
EdT
Photographer
EdT
tonycsm
To be absolutely honest I haven't a clue why I wrote that! I meant to say irrational fear. 
Irrational fingers probably ... I often have that problem
Posted 5 Feb 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join