Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has...

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

178 posts
21 Jan 2014
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
I reckon it's all Iconics fault. He used to be here regularly, asking innocent questions, then getting kicked all over the playground. But still stuck his head over the parapet to be shot at again. I admired him for perseverance etc.
Then he backed off a bit and Purestorm started to shrivel a bit. So Iconic lets be hearing more from you.
Amd Laylarc too.
And the model who said "go chew on a fish", before slamming the door behind her.

And lets have no more talk of the corrupting FPIs next door.

Still prefer Purestorm even tho' the gobby ones have emigrated.

Posted 22 Jan 2014
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
There seem to be thousands of UK users logging into various sites every day, so I don't think the economy is a problem. I keep finding lots of models I would like to shoot, but not many are on here, or they are more active elsewhere.

I want to attend some group shoots this year such as Studland or the Focal Edge Fashion Shoots, which are not held at studios. Unfortunately these can't be advertised on here. If this site is to prosper, it needs to give people what they want.

Posted 22 Jan 2014
I'm hoping that PS gets back to what it once was (in terms of membership and active forum participation), Having visited the other side it didn't take me long to realise that actually the grass isn't always greener on the other side and to put it bluntly - PS has pissed me off in the past but never to the point where I thought "screw this I'm out of here entirely - shove even your free membership up your a$$". I paid elsewhere for a year and didn't mind leaving 6 months before my subs were due for renewal and that is saying something!

I will eventually upgrade on PS again when there are other options of payment - not a fan of world pay, it may be secure but only because even those who use it can't log in which is of no use to me at all (not sure if thats changed).

I'm not actively seeking work at the moment anyway, but I do pop in everyday to see whats been happening.

Posted 22 Jan 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Chrissie_Red

PS has pissed me off in the past but never to the point where I thought "screw this I'm out of here entirely - shove even your free membership up your a$$". I paid elsewhere for a year and didn't mind leaving 6 months before my subs were due for renewal and that is saying something!

Posted 22 Jan 2014
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
It has got a lot quieter here, but I would guess it is just over-saturation of these types of sites.

Posted 22 Jan 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
artistoli
It has got a lot quieter here, but I would guess it is just over-saturation of these types of sites.
Quality over quantity. Even if models are attracted by the bright lights and unctuous comments on other sites, the quality models who last the course will get here eventually. Apart from the 'photographers' who enjoy moaning about girls who let them down, generously allowing other sites to sort out the chaff is hardly so awful.
Posted 22 Jan 2014
Edited by stolenfaces 22 Jan 2014
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecooked
In my opinion purple port is effective at becoming addictive due to FPI,share a shoot, recent uploads, and other such features that keep the membership active. However, success has gone to the managements head recently, and some truly bizarre moderations and bannings have left a few people scratching their heads and looking for a new home. My recipe for a successful site is simple! Purpleport features, without the current management! And call it something else, naturally!

Posted 22 Jan 2014
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
stolenfaces
Apart from the 'photographers' who enjoy moaning about girls who let them down
Nobody actually enjoys moaning about being let down, they'd much rather not be let down. But why shouldn't photographers (or models) come on here and moan about it? Are we all just to accept being let down is part and parcel of photography and modelling? And why have you put photographers in ' ' marks? Are they not 'real' photographers in your eyes if they actually have the temerity to moan on here about being let down?
Posted 22 Jan 2014
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
What's this FPI that people on here are on about?

Posted 22 Jan 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
PaulManuell

What's this FPI that people on here are on about?

It's a thing on Purpleport, maybe you should ask over there as it is often a source of confusion as to what it is and how to get one and needs discussing regularly.
Posted 22 Jan 2014
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecooked
Fpi stands for front page image. They are magically bestowed on those images deemed worthy by a secret panel of members, including photographers and models, of varying backgrounds and abilities. They are a source of controversy as some feel they are elitist and are chosen by a secret elitist clique of people voting for their buddies.

As an ex member of both the site, and the secret FPI panel, I can confirm that most accusations levelled by the few vocal nay sayers are largely unfounded, and it is quite democratic and not a 'fix'. I know how it works! Cream rises to the top!

Posted 22 Jan 2014
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
RedChecker
It's a thing on Purpleport, maybe you should ask over there as it is often a source of confusion as to what it is and how to get one and needs discussing regularly.
No, can't be arsed to join PP just to ask a question. I just thought that seeing as it's been mentioned so many times in this thread, someone might've explained what it is, even if just to say what the letters FPI stand for.
Posted 22 Jan 2014
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Rawandthecooked
Fpi stands for front page image. They are magically bestowed on those images deemed worthy by a secret panel of members, including photographers and models, of varying backgrounds and abilities. They are a source of controversy as some feel they are elitist and are chosen by a secret elitist clique of people voting for their buddies. As an ex member of both the site, and the secret FPI panel, I can confirm that most accusations levelled by the few vocal nay sayers are largely unfounded, and it is quite democratic and not a 'fix'. I know how it works! Cream rises to the top!
Ah, thank you, Rawandthecooked. So basically it's the same as the images on this site's main page. If only Red Checker could've just given a simple explanatory answer like this to my simple question. Oh well.
Posted 22 Jan 2014
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecooked
On this site I believe the pictures are only chosen from paid members, and this is not true of purple port. Quite who choses here and what the criteria are, I have no idea!

Posted 22 Jan 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
Rawandthecooked
On this site I believe the pictures are only chosen from paid members, and this is not true of purple port. Quite who choses here and what the criteria are, I have no idea!
I was given to understand that it's a random selection of SFW photos from paid accounts? I remember asking, way back, as I got an image on the front page the day after I paid. And that certainly wasn't anything to do with quality! Have to admit, PP forums, I'm up to here with it. If only because it's full of models who need to discuss their mental health. F*** me, you don't do that in an office, why would you do it on PP? The only people I block there are what I call "the baggage brigade". And you have to leave ALL the share a shoot / port review groups for fear of drowning in sugar. Ah well. Fact is, anyone who can, and has any sense, should at least have a presence on all major sites. That's just good sense. PS. Wondered where you'd got to
Posted 22 Jan 2014
Edited by Socialdisaster 22 Jan 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join