Models...When applying for a casting....

Models...When applying for a casting....

34 posts
8 Jan 2014
barone
Photographer
barone
It's not only castings..... If I'm trying to blag a free shoot with a model, I have to try & impress her with the fact I've got a mood board with ideas, that I already have a makeup artist, hairstylist & wardrobe onboard......Yet, when a model contacts me (which is not often on here), it's usually, NOT always, "hi, I'd love to shoot with you"...no mention of what they are bringing to the table. In the same way we stereotype people from certain countries around the world...we wouldn't want British models to be thought of a lazy....right?
Posted 8 Jan 2014
Edited by barone 8 Jan 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
Amber6
I try to address whoever it is by name (if that's available to me),
This always impress' me as it means they've at least looked at my refs, also, as that's the only place my name is.
Posted 8 Jan 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
barone

It's not only castings..... If I'm trying to blag a free shoot with a model....................

I assume you mean TF - not free?  laugh

Posted 8 Jan 2014
Jackass
Photographer
Jackass
i cntype fat too

Posted 8 Jan 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
I'm not all that bothered really, an approach is nice in any case, and if the model appears to have a look or styling that appeals I really don't have the headroom to ignore her based on either her not being a gifted typist or perhaps just deciding not to waste too much time in indicating an interest.

I'm just not good enough to believe someone on first contact has to unfold every detail of their suitability, or that some who appear not so suitable actually turn out to make great pictures. Also as indicated by Barone, these approaches aren't particularly common anyway!

Posted 8 Jan 2014
barone
Photographer
barone
xxmrmthxx
Phew I think I make that to 9/10 now x
9/10 is acceptable...no ones perfect...
Posted 8 Jan 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
barone

9/10 is acceptable...no ones perfect...

xxwhateverwhateverxx is pretty close though! cheeky
Posted 8 Jan 2014
mph
xxwhateverwhateverxx is pretty close though!
I'd love to know what people thinj mrmth means x
Posted 8 Jan 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
xxmrmthxx

I'd love to know what people think mrmth means x

You're in a relationshiop with Mr Mth?  smiley

Posted 8 Jan 2014
Edited by mph 8 Jan 2014
Haha nope lol anyway wilk put a game up on the threads tomorrow pm for this
Posted 8 Jan 2014
I normally just say "book me.. you wont be disappointed" - I've yet to have anybody decline but they have never rebooked me, makes me wonder if they think my response means something else (and if you lot have noticed the other thread you will know I'm taking the pi$$).
Posted 8 Jan 2014
I try and give as much detail as possible about myself it's all about selling yourself . what annoys me though, is that some photographers can't be bothered to reply , even if its a no. Would be nice to know either way
Posted 8 Jan 2014
I cater it to the individual casting, basic intro, confirm I meet criteria, any additional info I feel may be useful based on the casting information, offer to send any additional info or answer any questions.

Posted 9 Jan 2014
paulbatterbury

And really if you "Love to work with me" then you would either book and pay me yourself, or come over and work for free...  

I'll never get why photographers are so pissy about hearing that, would y'all really prefer to hear "you're shit but I want your money".

When photographers message me saying they'd love to work with me but. they can't afford it/I'm not suitable for their work/other excuse I'm still flattered.
Posted 9 Jan 2014
JadedRed

When photographers message me saying they'd love to work with me but. they can't afford it/I'm not suitable for their work/other excuse I'm still flattered.

Same here, plus I respect their honesty.. Better than having somebody waste my time by applying to my "seeking paid work" casting then letting me know they don't want to pay a couple of messages into the conversation.
Posted 9 Jan 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join