Model's Manager attending Shoot

Model's Manager attending Shoot

27 posts
28 Dec 2013
iestyn
Photographer
iestyn
Exactly how much are you paying the model?
If it`s enough to support her and a `manager` I`d be amazed.

Ever booked a model through an agency? did they send a manager along as well? Bet not.

It`s pretty obvious that the chaperone is not really the model`s `manager`.

Posted 28 Dec 2013
ChrisD
Photographer
ChrisD
This 
Gerry99111

Most of them on here are a controlling boyfriend or photographer and I would work on that basis until they proved otherwise, particularly as they are likely the ones sending the messages and not the model

Posted 28 Dec 2013
Edited by ChrisD 28 Dec 2013
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
IainT

Internet models don't need managers. A "model manager" is another term for a boyfriend who wants to be "involved" in the models career or is pimping them out. The minute I hear the term "manager" at internet level...I imediately think...mmmm...thats one to be avoided. And as for dealing with "model managers", not only would I not have them anywhere near a shoot, I would not knowingly have any dealings with them at all.

+0.99 ...

I agree on all of that, except that if they have a manager I won't entirely avoid the model, since the manager is probably only a temporary obstacle.

Posted 29 Dec 2013
Edited by skymouse 28 Dec 2013
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Personally I can't see a problem, as has been mentioned use the person as a free assistant, and if there are problems with the model, get the manager to sort them out. Better a happy model, confident and looking forward to work than somebody timid and concerned however needlessly for their safety. As for the manager's fees, that's a matter which is between the model and the manager and is of no concern of the photographer.

Posted 29 Dec 2013
Edited by LaurenceJPower 29 Dec 2013
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
I just thought you could say it would be OK to bring her manager, if you could bring your manager............
Posted 29 Dec 2013
IRONBLOKEMAN
Photographer
IRONBLOKEMAN
Having other people "assisting" on a shoot is a distraction.I was only asking if photographers had come across this.But I will suggest to the model that I bring a manager along and see what her reaction is

Posted 29 Dec 2013
Edited by IRONBLOKEMAN 29 Dec 2013
ChrisD
Photographer
ChrisD
IRONBLOKEMAN

Having other people "assisting" on a shoot is a distraction.I was only asking if photographers had come across this.But I will suggest to the model that I bring a manager along and see what her reaction is

And/or ask her if the "other person" has a SIA licence 
Posted 29 Dec 2013
oscar
Photographer
oscar
I had a model booked for a shoot who wanted to bring her business partner. Turned out he was a photographer?? ( some priceless wedding images shot with a Nikon D40). She didn't show so I missed the opportunity to find out what the arrangement was.
Posted 29 Dec 2013
DKirk
Photographer
DKirk
ChrisD
And/or ask her if the "other person" has a SIA licence 
And remind them It legally must be the CP badge, the Security or DS badge do not count. . .
Posted 30 Dec 2013
gazbiker
Photographer
gazbiker
Hi Graham Think yourself lucky that she's actually letting you know before the shoot, I've had a couple of occasions where the model has turned up with a chaperone / manager without telling me! You then have that embarrassing period where you have to come to terms with the elephant in the room which doesn't help creativity! Maybe I'm just too nice, new year resolution....if a chaperone turn's up unannounced tell them both to Foxtrot Oscar! Happy new year everyone!
Posted 31 Dec 2013
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
I doubt many models on here do have a genuine manager.
However move on & don't waste your time if it bothers you.
Stop wasting time on wondering why or who move onto someone that doesn't waste your time & will get on with it.

Posted 31 Dec 2013
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
IRONBLOKEMAN

I appreciate some models do have managers but do they really need to be on the shoot.

Your shoot.
Your terms.
Your choice.

Posted 31 Dec 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join