Feedback system - "not recommended"

Feedback system - "not recommended"

22 posts
23 Dec 2013
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
My overall impression is generally that no-one takes any notice of feedback. I'm not even confining that observation to this site. I once booked a model who failed to show and told all my photographic contacts, but they continued to book her because she looked great. The fact I suggested we show solidarity didn't cut any ice because the model was gorgeous and they were more than willing to take the risk. So my verbal, critical feedback was ignored. And that's between friends! So I can't see anyone taking a lot of notice of negative feedback were I to give it, although I never yet have, on here. One thing I would add, - nearly left negative feedback for a model with whom I booked a studio shoot on here a while back; she notified me she couldn't come, the day before I think it was, left me high and dry with studio fee, but I couldn't provide neg. f/b because she'd notified me within the time limit provided by Purestorm. It's not long enough!

Posted 24 Dec 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
There's been a few times where models have cancelled due to I'll health or family problems and as it's not really caused me a problem I've not left negative feedback.

Posted 24 Dec 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
There's been a few times where models have cancelled due to I'll health or family problems and as it's not really caused me a problem I've not left negative feedback.

Posted 24 Dec 2013
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
HowardJ

Same here.

Also, they haven't been cancellations; they've been reschedules. It doesn't make sense to permanently cancel a shoot just because the model got ill or had some problem that prevented the shoot happening on the date originally scheduled. That'd be chopping off the nose to spite the face.  If the shoot is not rescheduled (or at least put on hold with the understanding that it will be rescheduled) and there isn't some impedimenet to rescheduling (e.g. the model is about to relocate abroad, or it was a one-off opportunity that depended on some external events, etc) I'd regard that as the PHOTOGRAPHER* cancelling the shoot, not the model!

* Unless of course the model indeed has declined to reschedule.
Posted 24 Dec 2013
Edited by skymouse 24 Dec 2013
Claypaws
Photographer
Claypaws
My OP was not referring to cancellations or no shows since those have their own dedicated option and rules in the feedback system. I was concerned about the abuse of the categories of negative feedback that have no facility to give a reason. And specifically in a situation where one party gives false negative feedback to block the possibility of receiving negative feedback themselves. But this a free forum and people can of course discuss whatever they like As I said, it appears that others are content with the system and I accept that.
Posted 24 Dec 2013
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
Claypaws, I agree there is scope for misuse of the system. My understanding (and hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong) is that the site management found that the availability of entering free text on a feedback other than a recommendation itself opened the system to worse abuse.

Posted 24 Dec 2013
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
When the no-show with written feedback system was alive you could put meat on the bone but in reality it just caused retaliation. You might assume the legacy of written conversation here on PS would clear up anomalies in the accusations but it didn't as quotes from text messages and emails (outside Purestorm) were often used. I noticed in the past a few people left a positive yellow face but used the free text to denigrate the person! Its a minefield with no simple answer its just disappointing when people give a positive remark when they did have issues, I'm sure we've all come across people here on PS (mainly models) who have a story about an uncomfortable event, if not worse.

Dominic

Posted 26 Dec 2013
Edited by dominicdgt 26 Dec 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join