Not good Enough!

Not good Enough!

65 posts
18 Dec 2013
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
I suspects there be some kind of wind up going on.

Posted 18 Dec 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Nope

Posted 18 Dec 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Ah right, might mistake sorry.

Mind you, complaining about it and it having no relevance to you is still whining.

Posted 18 Dec 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
profilepictures
Mind you, complaining about it and it having no relevance to you is still whining.
Exactly. Just as you were whining about the OP's post, a post which had no relevance to you.
Posted 18 Dec 2013
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
A Silver member hardly needs to put up a casting looking for cash and trying to pretend its a TFP.

I actually think she wants exactly what she cast for. I would lay money that most of the applicants were a mixture of chancers and GWC's and a few that maybe could take a half decent picture. Not what she wants at all.

It is pretty obvious she is looking for a top quality photographer to help get her somewhere - the sort with a great pedigree of published work and those don't bother scouring the TFP requests on the castings.

Posted 18 Dec 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
RedChecker
I love these forums
I love chocolate
Posted 18 Dec 2013
Edited by PaulManuell 18 Dec 2013
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Gerry99111
A Silver member hardly needs to put up a casting looking for cash and trying to pretend its a TFP. I actually think she wants exactly what she cast for. I would lay money that most of the applicants were a mixture of chancers and GWC's and a few that maybe could take a half decent picture. Not what she wants at all. It is pretty obvious she is looking for a top quality photographer to help get her somewhere - the sort with a great pedigree of published work and those don't bother scouring the TFP requests on the castings.
I have to be honest...I made a cynical assumption as usually these castings are TF disguised as looking for payment (apparently) I haven,t seen the casting...maybe I should apply..?..
Posted 18 Dec 2013
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
Let's hope she has the courtesy to reply to everyone who took the time to offer their services free of charge, rather than just leave a slightly insulting comment in her next casting call.

Dave

Posted 18 Dec 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Crippen
Let's hope she has the courtesy to reply to everyone who took the time to offer their services free of charge, rather than just leave a slightly insulting comment in her next casting call. Dave
'free of charge' ---- I thought people who practiced TF always claim it's not free, but a fair exchange
Posted 18 Dec 2013
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
profilepictures

I think you'd better grow up a little Kiboko, being snidey about a rejection to a casting hardly makes you look especially reasonable does it? We all aren't good enough sometimes, on this occasion, you weren't. Get better or ignore, or shush, just don't whine about it.

Didn't apply. 

Posted 18 Dec 2013
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Crippen

Let's hope she has the courtesy to reply to everyone who took the time to offer their services free of charge, rather than just leave a slightly insulting comment in her next casting call. Dave

Why? She was looking for something specific and it sounds like all and sundry have chanced their arm. Why sould she waste further time on them or risk another 50 unsuitable applicants
Posted 18 Dec 2013
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
silverk

Well I have applied for the second casting, if she says no then she wont be the first and wont be the last. The only way we get better is by being critiqued!

Wish you luck, but I would add, I for one welcome critiques from someone qualified by way of known stature in the photographic industry, - my picture agency for example sometimes rejects an image I've submitted and there's usually a reason given with which one can't argue. AP runs a reader's section in which images submitted are critiqued in a positive way, ie., advice as to how the image could have been better taken or improved post-production, but not a slating if you get my gist. Whether I'd be prepared to accept a critique from a model is another matter, if it were to merley assert it wasn't good enough, that would give me little to go on as to how to improve. More to the point, do you really believe that the rejections are each to receive a balanced critique? No replies more like. Let me know if you receive a no together with a critique providing reasons. Odds are you won't.   
Posted 18 Dec 2013
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
profilepictures

Ah right, might mistake sorry. Mind you, complaining about it and it having no relevance to you is still whining.

Flipping heck YOU are a whinger! - I posted this because I found it rather amusing and thought others might find it likewise if they'd not seen it. 
Posted 18 Dec 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
IainT

...maybe I should apply..?..

If you think you are good enough...............  wink
Posted 18 Dec 2013
Blacklion
Photographer
Blacklion
If she's looking for a top quality photographer to help her put a portfolio together, why doesn't she approach one instead of insulting everyone that applied to her casting!

Posted 18 Dec 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join