How many of you ? Are is it just me ?

How many of you ? Are is it just me ?

42 posts
11 Nov 2013
frankpht

If Van Gogh had used more yellow I think he would have been a really really good painter.

If only he'd mastered Photoshop, apparently he said he'd give his left ear for Photoshop but got ripped off on a global auction site
Posted 12 Nov 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
clearview_photography

If only he'd mastered Photoshop, apparently he said he'd give his left ear for Photoshop but got ripped off on a global auction site

Ripped off?  I thought he cut it off!

Posted 12 Nov 2013
Carpe_Diem
Photographer
Carpe_Diem
So other people upload images to this website too? Never noticed tbh
Posted 12 Nov 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
grahamwhite
Wouldn't photography be boring if we could all do it perfectly, straight away?
No.
Posted 13 Nov 2013
mantisphoto
Photographer
mantisphoto
I dont normally criticise other photographers because nobody is perfect, but the OP has put himself right in the firing line here...

Before you go criticisng other peoples work you should try to make sure you are of an above average standard. I am not claiming I am, but I can speak English properly.

What is the title about... "Are is it just me?"... What sort of English is that.. Surely its "Or"? ... similarly myself is not hyphenated.
Posted 13 Nov 2013
mantisphoto

What is the title about... "Are is it just me?"... What sort of English is that.. Surely its "Or"? ... similarly myself is not hyphenated.

Maybe the OP is a Pirate in his spare time cheeky

I was hyphenated a couple of years ago, boy did it sting
Posted 13 Nov 2013
Edited by clearview_photography 13 Nov 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
clearview_photography

Maybe the OP is a Pirate in his spare time cheeky

I was hyphenated a couple of years ago, boy did it sting

You may feel you were stung, however such procedures take time and often 2 or 3 surgeons, plus nurses. Their wages have to be covered.

Posted 13 Nov 2013
SDuell
Photographer
SDuell
so is this question just for male togs or can female togs respond too !!!!
Strober
Hey lads,
Posted 14 Nov 2013
Edited by SDuell 14 Nov 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
SDuell

so is this question just for male togs or can female togs respond too !!!!

Probably best not to, we don't want to rock the boat any further.
Posted 14 Nov 2013
SDuell
Photographer
SDuell
RedChecker
Probably best not to, we don't want to rock the boat any further.
good advice cause if i started i wouldnt stop think many togs on here are up their own rear ends and can not only be over criticle, rude and melishious (ive got dislexaur so dont judge my spelling) see i have to say ive got dislexaur cause otherwise some A- hole will say something nasty !!!!!! end of day i dont put my work on here for other togs to belittle me and my work ive said it time and time again the photography industry is full of D-heads who think they know it all YOU dont noone does so before you go judging and make someone feel like s**t make sure your work is fantastic like someone said in an above post not everyone has the best equipment so their work wont be of the best quality (like mine) so whats the point in judging or comparing their work with someone with much more experience and better equipment another thing as someone eles pointed out stop with the gender stuff photographers are not just male you know !!!! told you once i start i wouldnt stop lol just sick to death of all the stuck up photographers on here thinking they better then everyone eles and theres a lot
Posted 14 Nov 2013
nige_nw
Photographer
nige_nw
The chances are that every photographer on here has a different ability / skills to every other some will be just beginning, others at the top.

Some will know their camera inside out, others will know how to do what they want and others may just know the basics.

When it comes to editing there will be some who take straight off the camera - some will want to edit but don't have the software and/or skills to do so and others will have differing level of skills.

Some will be at their 'level' they wish to or capable of & others (probably most) will improve.

So yes you may see a photo you think you could improve but there are many reasons why a photographer may upload a photo which is not how you would do so. I guess for many we also see many photos that we go 'I wish I could have taken that' or 'I wish I could edit like that' but at the end of the day we should respect the skills of others and not criticise (not that you have as you have not named or linked) unless we are asked to

I rather like a strapline I used on another website which I think sums it up for me - 'There are no rights or wrongs in photography - just different viewpoints'
Posted 14 Nov 2013
Edited by nige_nw 14 Nov 2013
mph
Photographer
mph

What an agressive post!

SDuell

good advice cause if i started i wouldnt stop think many togs on here are up their own rear ends and can not only be over criticle, rude and melishious (ive got dislexaur so dont judge my spelling) see i have to say ive got dislexaur cause otherwise some A- hole will say something nasty.

Heard of a spell checker? Besides - surely it does not mean you have to write badly constructed, ungrammatical sentences without punctuation?

SDuell

.............not everyone has the best equipment so their work wont be of the best quality (like mine) so whats the point in judging or comparing their work with someone with much more experience and better equipment

Is a crap and meaningless excuse - especially if you have 4 years experience! Additionally it should be possible to refrain from really bad editing which makes photographs worse than before they were processed.

Posted 14 Nov 2013
Edited by mph 14 Nov 2013
panda49
Photographer
panda49
Interesting thread but real photographers those who started before digital rely on good photography and exposure to get the image not photoshop

Posted 15 Nov 2013
1884photo
Photographer
1884photo
Why work on someones else's work when you should be creating your own style to get noticed and earn more!!

Posted 15 Nov 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
panda49

Interesting thread but real photographers those who started before digital rely on good photography and exposure to get the image not photoshop

Posted 15 Nov 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join