Tai Woffinden

Tai Woffinden

20 posts
11 Oct 2013
mikethefoto
Photographer
mikethefoto
Socialdisaster

Never heard of him, no idea what speedway is. Therefore he is not a true champion, he is a champion within his limited field. PS: I hate football, before you use that. PPS: your use of periods is awful.

You haven't heard of Speedway, therefore he is not a true champion.
I haven't heard of you but it doesn't mean you are not a photographer does it?
Not an American are you?
Posted 13 Oct 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
mph
Not seen it for years - but it used to be on the televisual box every week once upon a time!
Well so did wrestling with those finely tuned athletes Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy et al, but that's a minority sport too (and I use the word sport in the loosest of loose terms). Being popular on tv doesn't make it mainstream.
Posted 13 Oct 2013
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Used to watch the Brandon Bees in Coventry many years ago, used to work with one of the riders Frank Smith. The stars of that era were Ole Olsen and Ivan Mauger. Good times.

Posted 13 Oct 2013
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
pompeytog

Used to watch the Brandon Bees in Coventry many years ago, used to work with one of the riders Frank Smith. The stars of that era were Ole Olsen and Ivan Mauger. Good times.

I was the accountant for one of England's team when they won the team World Cup in the same era. Nice guy, great speedway rider, hopeless at keeping records!

Posted 13 Oct 2013
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
As a spectator sport, it is probably on a par with hockey, badminton and table tennis as far as media coverage goes. If it was more popular, then it would get a lot more media coverage. I believe interest in speedway must have declined a lot since the war. Far more people are interested in other types of motorcycle sport.

Still his girlfriend Faye could give a lot of footballer's WAGs a run for their money, so he is not missing out on all the perks of stardom.

Posted 13 Oct 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join