P11RE 5T0RM

21 posts
26 Sep 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
On a practical level:
People don't normally want to remember number plates because of your excellent driving.... it therefore seems rather foolish to have a memorable number plate - as it will only be remembered by people who have something to complain about (or report to the authorities)

Posted 29 Sep 2013
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
Is fitting a private plate so much different to someone who names their house ' Bluebell End' or the likes, instead of using 131 Whatever Road like most other people do?

At one time, unlike many other European countries. the UK seemed preoccupied ( and to some extent still does ) with regard to new car ownership, when owners in certain circles were judged how successful they were by the age of the vehicle they drove, so it was a logical step for some owners to use a private plate to disguise the age of a vehicle. It's common practice today in private coach fleets etc to use them.

I would say  that right now in the UK, given the state of the economy, a 'good or unique' private plate represents a much better longer term financial investment than many conventional investments as there will always be a strong market for distinctive number plates as fewer of these number plates become available and some people will always pay a premium to own them.

Posted 30 Sep 2013
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
tonycsm

Is fitting a private plate so much different to someone who names their house ' Bluebell End' or the likes, instead of using 131 Whatever Road like most other people do?

Spot on. Anyone who names their house "Bell End" of whatever colour is sending exactly the same signals as a personal number plate. Without the cost, of course.
Posted 30 Sep 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
Many years ago I saw a Proton with a reg. beginning UUD. I was in hysterics. My passengers were confused.

Posted 24 Oct 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
johnlp
Many years ago I saw a Proton with a reg. beginning UUD. I was in hysterics. My passengers were confused.
I'm with your passengers on this one. Maybe you'd like to explain why this plate reduced you to hysterics.
Posted 24 Oct 2013
twentytwenty
Photographer
twentytwenty
I was going to get personnel plates, but it worked out cheaper to change my name by deed poll to SC61DFC

Posted 24 Oct 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join