26 posts
26 Aug 2013
ChrisVS
Photographer
ChrisVS
mph

PaulManuell
Eh?
It's known as the "greengrocer's apostrophe" Banana's, lettuce's etc. on his windows!

Surely you mean "window's".......
Posted 27 Aug 2013
CliveLawrence
Photographer
CliveLawrence
Gerry, thank you, I think so, but it has changed now and is changing.
Paul, I thought about the apostrophes but I got stuck on the two names; please correct me

Posted 27 Aug 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
[qt][author]CliveLawrence[/author] I hope prospective bride's and groom's don't view the pictures that a recent photographer has posted on these forums as a representation of the standard generally.[/qt] [qt][author]CliveLawrence[/author] Paul, I thought about the apostrophes but I got stuck on the two names; please correct me[/qt] Apostrophes are used to indicate either an abbreviation, or the possessive. As "brides" and "grooms" are neither - you don't need an apostrophe as these are simply plurals. Were it "the bride's dress" - that would be correct. (and if there was more than one bride it would be "the brides' dresses")
Posted 27 Aug 2013
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Well, I looked at the 'recently uploaded wedding images' and read through this thread.

I'm left wondering why a photographer would want to start a thread just to sneer at another photographer's images?

Best regards
Paul

Posted 27 Aug 2013
CliveLawrence
Photographer
CliveLawrence
I have put a wedding picture on for now - out of thousands
My main point was that, please put special pictures up for prospective couples to see.

Posted 27 Aug 2013
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
CliveLawrence

I have put a wedding picture on for now - out of thousands My main point was that, please put special pictures up for prospective couples to see.

Hmmmmm.  And should photographers now consult you before they upload images to their portfolios?

Not to labour the point, but if another photographer didn't think very highly of your images would you be offended if they started a thread sneering scornfully at you?

Best regards
Paul

Posted 27 Aug 2013
CliveLawrence
Photographer
CliveLawrence
I'm not sure what you are on about Paul but your pictures are lovely!

Posted 27 Aug 2013
photostore
Photographer
photostore
CliveLawrence

I hope prospective bride's and groom's don't view the pictures that a recent photographer has posted on these forums as a representation of the standard generally.

bugger, you made me look at your profile based on your childish statement of anothers ability above, i thought i was in for a real technical and artistic treat ..................

Posted 29 Aug 2013
CliveLawrence
Photographer
CliveLawrence
Likewise, Andy

Posted 29 Aug 2013
photostore
Photographer
photostore
CliveLawrence

Likewise, Andy

Thats fine, the difference is i freely entered into your game by responding and fully expected a likewise reply, the person you posted about did not, and i'm sure did not appreciate your critique  of his efforts.
how do you think this thread is working out for you just now cheeky

Posted 29 Aug 2013
CliveLawrence
Photographer
CliveLawrence
Tangential

Posted 30 Aug 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join