Opinions on my friend as a plus size model

Opinions on my friend as a plus size model

23 posts
15 Aug 2013
FrameworksMedia
Photographer
FrameworksMedia
You got me their - I just had to check your thread title and wording. Title: Opinions on my friend as a plus size model Lets disregard my opinion as you CLEARLY didn't ask for them Opening post: I was just looking for an opinion on the lady on my main image, she's a friend of mine and i think she has potential to be a plus size model. Thoughts? My thoughts are as stated that I see no modelling skills at this stage. I thought I had clearly reasoned why that was the case rather than providing a yes/no answer. Maybe you needed to reword the thread to get the answers you were looking for. Sure - she looks OK facial wise in the first image (not the second) and she's probably a good friend - but you specifically asked about her modelling potential judged on the two photographs provided
Posted 15 Aug 2013
Robbie4bar3
Photographer
Robbie4bar3
Yes I do

Posted 15 Aug 2013
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
It depends what your friend wants to do and how much she wants to model.
First of all, there are different types of modelling she could do, and she needs to know how to go about getting work in these different domains.
Life modelling is open to models of all sizes and ages. She would need to model nude and be prepared to maintain a pose for long stretches of time. Work is available via local colleges which she can contact direct or through the Register of Artists Models.
Internet modelling has possibilities for larger ladies, although it will be harder to get work. This is work of a glamour nature and either sexy lingerie or to nude. If she can wear a corset and get her waist down tiny then that's good. She will need a variety of pictures for her online portfolio and it may be worth investing in that. Purestorm and similar sites are ideal as a starting point.
Work is also available as extras and so on, Google sites for that.
Generally though she needs to be very proactive and committed, with an excellent work ethic plus the time to work odd hours and the transport to get places.
Posted 16 Aug 2013
Edited by Lisaliz 16 Aug 2013
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
It has occurred to me that you may be talking about plus size fashion modelling?
I don't know much about this, nor will many people on this site, but here are some tips.
Research local modelling agencies. Know their criteria for age, height, and dress size. Don't pay any money up front. Be aware that you have as much chance in this field as winning the lottery. Look at Hughes models to see what plus sized models look like. There may however be openings for fitting models in her area, but again exact sizing is essential.
I can't stress enough the importance of dedication, energy and commitment. It is a job, end of.

Posted 16 Aug 2013
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
Don't ask us, submissions to relative agencies is the only way, unless she wants to take her clothes off, then a profile on here will suffice.

Posted 16 Aug 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
mph

So depends on what you define as "be a model" (and probably her potential levels too)

modjo30

Not really, I just wanted to know if she had a good enough look.

Erm - I think it's very relevant.  There are "models" on this site that most people would be surprised to see be labelled as models - but there is a huge difference between an "internet model", and an agency fashion or lifestyle model.

And putting it bluntly, at adult levels - which I don't for a moment imagine you have in mind - it appears anything goes!
Posted 16 Aug 2013
Edited by mph 16 Aug 2013
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Its not just about "look"..its about personality and the ability to express it. There is something of an exhibitionist in a model who must be able to "respond" to the camera and project themselves?

If she has these qualities than size is far less relevant. There are models of all shapes and sizes, fashions, fetishes and fads because there is a requirement for all sorts in the market place.

Only the lady will know if she is able to project any of these qualities and although it is great that you clearly offer your support and help the confidence must come from her. In fact, given that she may not be physically more the "norm" she will have to make up for it by being fun, extrovert, etc, etc..and a good business woman!

Posted 17 Aug 2013
Jackass
Photographer
Jackass
I'd be happy to work with her, the potential is there to see, it just needs bringing out. An informal and relaxed shoot fully clothed should be enough to make a definitive evaluation.

Posted 5 Sep 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join