Rare Real Ales?

Rare Real Ales?

19 posts
2 Aug 2013
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Most ale enthusiasts (like myself) have preferences. Ales are like models - some are blonde, some are dark, some spicy, some subtle and drinkers, like photographers, prefer certain styles to others. Try and find out what your dad likes, otherwise you might buy some rare and expensive malty ale which ends up down the sink if he only likes hoppy, bitter ones - you want him to have a drink which ends up down the pan, not down the sink (unless your mum's in the bathroom all night ). As his daughter, whatever you buy him will be special though.
Posted 3 Aug 2013
Stibnite
Photographer
Stibnite
These guys will make up a mixed case in a nice box and ship it or you can get gift vouchers.

http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/

They have a massive selection from the uk and around the world, really nice people they made me up a range of gifts this year for some clients at work

Posted 3 Aug 2013
shapeman
Photographer
shapeman
Hazel

First is to find an Ale your Dad likes I am 50 lol and it will be an ideal gift but don't worry to much, does he like light ale IPA India pale ale looks like lager or dark ale like Guinness ? Or bitter.

Morrison, Tesco and Sainsbury have a great selection of Ales all hand picked for their quality, however not sure how far from you but a company call barearts in Todmorden do a great selection of vintage ales Trever the owner has his own brewery almost next to the store wortha look. They also do online shopping and gift packs,

All the best

Paul

Posted 3 Aug 2013
mercman
Photographer
mercman
Why not try 12 months membership to CAMRA ..

Paul.

Posted 4 Aug 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join