Outrageous Police Behavoir

Outrageous Police Behavoir

36 posts
31 July 2013
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
I wonder if the outcome of the police investigation into the incident would have come to the same conclusion that they had all acted legally, professionally and within guidelines if it had been a high ranking police officer's daughter to which this had happened?
Posted 2 Aug 2013
Sdeve
Photographer
Sdeve
OldMaster
There is actually only one way of looking at this. There is no grey area. She was stripped naked by one wpc and 5 male police present. She was "filmed" so front desk could enjoy the view.The police are not denying anything and as far as I am aware only female "officers" should be present...but hey guys why not get your jollies stripping off a girl who may have had her drink spiked. ...or even if she was drunk the issue is the same. Lets guess she was probably quite attractive?
"She was filmed so the front desk could enjoy the view." That statement is utter tripe, based entirely upon a lack of thought. Cameras are installed into some cells to monitor prisoners for self harm, and on occasions, to monitor police behaviour. Do you really think that they would serve their purpose if they could be switched on and off at will? They are on permanently, and recording permanently to media that is not accessible to the staff precisely that the evidence they record is of the highest quality. "There is only one way of looking at this." followed by "...as far as I am aware..." is rather poor logic at best. The 'rule' on same sex officers is contained in PACE codes of practice is not, in fact, law. Sarge has made some accurate observations on this. Sarge has made some very good points in his post. I normally see Sarge's posts on the police as containing the traditional view of police, that they are always right, even when they are wrong, but in this case, his post has a lot of merit. For the avoidance of doubt, I repeat my assertion that the custody sergeant on duty, who was aware of what was happening, should be dismissed. Of everyone there, he was the one that had absolutely no excuse whatever. The comment from someone else about if it had been a senior officer's daughter things would have been different, I very much doubt it, knowing senior officers as I do.
Posted 2 Aug 2013
Sdeve
Photographer
Sdeve
For the sake of balance, Sarge's observation on the standard police excuse namely "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" is the standard excuse of the incompetent (And thus is often heard from police officers). If you do it right, then any damnation that follows is false and can be shown to be, so lacks any justification. If you do it wrong, then the damnation that follows is deserved.

Posted 2 Aug 2013
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
OldMaster
She was stripped naked by one wpc and 5 male police present.
True.
She was "filmed" so front desk could enjoy the view.
She was stripped in an area covered by CCTV which allowed the front desk staff to see her naked. She was not stripped in front of CCTV for the purpose of the front desk to see her naked. Your suggestion is absurd.
but hey guys why not get your jollies stripping off a girl who may have had her drink spiked
Not all breaches of procedure and/or law are for the thrills. I suspect that if she believed it was done with voyeuristic intent, then it wouldn't just be an IPCC complaint.
...or even if she was drunk the issue is the same.
True.
Lets guess she was probably quite attractive?
Women who are off their heads on drink/drugs, with their bloodshot eyes and snarling and/or drooping mouths, are usually considered the epitome of beauty. That's why all the good old fashioned gentlemen hang around A&E on a Friday night looking for a wholesome woman to marry.
Posted 2 Aug 2013
AndrewMiller
Photographer
AndrewMiller
Any bets on the police being given a telling off and nothing more?

Posted 2 Aug 2013
AndrewMiller
Photographer
AndrewMiller
Any bets on the police being given a telling off and nothing more?

Posted 2 Aug 2013
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
Considering the recent PR disasters surrounding Hillsborough and the Stephen Lawrence smear campaign, I don't think anyone will lose much sleep over 5 officers being made examples of.

Posted 2 Aug 2013
Sdeve
Photographer
Sdeve
They don't get away with everything. Try this for a bit of a shock.

http://info.fmotl.com/PoliceList.pdf

Even worse if you assume the usual detection rate!

Posted 2 Aug 2013
Edited by Sdeve 2 Aug 2013
KevinJS
Photographer
KevinJS
Hello Steve
Bit of a shock alright, of the 26 offences 11 are sexual, never thought it would be that high, I had imagined petty crime ,theft from burgulared homes etc
Posted 2 Aug 2013
KevinJS
Photographer
KevinJS
Hello Steve
Bit of a shock alright, of the 26 offences 11 are sexual, never thought it would be that high, I had imagined petty crime ,theft from burgulared homes etc
Posted 2 Aug 2013
Sdeve
Photographer
Sdeve
KevinJS
Hello Steve Bit of a shock alright, of the 26 offences 11 are sexual, never thought it would be that high, I had imagined petty crime ,theft from burgulared homes etc
26 offences? Bit of a shock? Scroll down buddy, and brace yourself. Sit down first though.
Posted 2 Aug 2013
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Posted 2 Aug 2013
KevinJS
Photographer
KevinJS
Sdeve

26 offences? Bit of a shock? Scroll down buddy, and brace yourself. Sit down first though.

Hello

I have just done so and bloody hell, the number from the Met. 

Looking at that list is seems the bad guys are recruited

Posted 2 Aug 2013
KevinJS

Looking at that list is seems the bad guys are recruited

Its hard to draw a conclusion from just a list (obviously its awful, but a comparison would need to be made to regular people to get a better idea) but as long as the perception is that police can 'get away with' abuses of power they will attract people that find that appealling.

Edit: "Bit off friend’s ear" All of it?!
Posted 2 Aug 2013
Edited by JadedRed 2 Aug 2013
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
Sdeve
For the sake of balance, Sarge's observation on the standard police excuse namely "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" is the standard excuse of the incompetent (And thus is often heard from police officers). If you do it right, then any damnation that follows is false and can be shown to be, so lacks any justification. If you do it wrong, then the damnation that follows is deserved.
It's not quite as black and white as that and you are not looking at the full picture. Sticking with this case and the views of most of the public the police are damned here due to trial by media. If, for sake of argument, she was not searched due to there only being one female police officer and she had something concealed which was used later to cause herself harm then the police would be damned for not searching her. If they did allow that lone female to search her and a fight broke out where either the detainee or officer was harmed the police would be damned again for allowing it to happen. Ok, if their actions were proven to be the correct ones then there is little to worry about. But they are still damned by the public as most will believe what they want to. How many times are 'the police' labelled under that heading as ALL being the same? They are ALL damned by some due to the actions of a few. Thanks for calling me incompetent
Posted 2 Aug 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join