Hayfever

21 posts
9 July 2013
Bugsy
Photographer
Bugsy
Maybe I should have started my comment with a statement that says the comments made are my personal opinion based on experience and some research. I am not a scientist or medical practioner of any kind.

As I understand it, Chinese medicine works on balancing the energy flows within the body. Although western medicine can see that acupuncture works they cannot explain it in their scientific physical/chemical terms. Chinese medicine can explain it in their scientific terms of body energy flow. So the "scientific" depends on what culture you're looking from. Of course there are potions, treatments and practices from both cultures that do not work and are only there to extract money from us.

Both eastern and western medicines work and I like to look at all options. For me acupuncture worked very effectively for hayfever relief. So I put the info forward. Some folks will try it, some won't.

Posted 15 July 2013
BrianSelway
Photographer
BrianSelway
I bought my ex some homeopathic hayfever pills from Holland and Barrett about 7 years back, he's not had hayfever since. I know science tells us stuff like that cannot work...but for whatever reason, it often seems to work anyway.

Posted 15 July 2013
Yup it is not the best I have to agree.

Posted 15 July 2013
paulford
Photographer
paulford
Now on tablet and nasal spray, Only sneezed a couple of times.

Posted 15 July 2013
hhoa
Photographer
hhoa
For hayfever I use a nasal spray twice a day and I don't know how but sunglasses help me too to bear with it.

Never tried the acupuncture for hayfever, I tried for my knees but didn't work. The lady asked me to come back for more sessions at £25 a session and to buy some expensive medicinal herbs, I gave up as i didn't feel any improvement after 3 months and became scared as once she misplaced a needle and stick it maybe on a nerve, that was a very intense pain... So i guessed you have to choose carefully your acupuncturist.

I have been told to dry small bitter melon/bitter gourd and to mince it to use a tobacco and to smoke it. Didn't try it yet.

Posted 17 July 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I daren't use nasal spray unless it's really bad as I get chest pains from it.

It worries me especially as they're the same pains I used to get with a now banned drug/spray I used to take as a teenager that was removed from sale/prescription due to it being attributed to people suffering an increased risk of heart attacks.

Posted 17 July 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join