Spyder Screen Calibrator wanted

Spyder Screen Calibrator wanted

20 posts
25 June 2013
dhuntuk
Photographer
dhuntuk
My Spyder 3 Pro will not work on my Windows 8 laptop. But it is fine on my Windows 7 Sony Vaio.

Am I doing something wrong?

Posted 1 June 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
dhuntuk

My Spyder 3 Pro will not work on my Windows 8 laptop. But it is fine on my Windows 7 Sony Vaio. Am I doing something wrong?

They had issues when Win7 came out IIRC with Spider 3 Pros.  It's possibly a driver issue, have you looked on their site?
Posted 1 June 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Actually forget that, it doesn't look like the Spider 3 works with Windows 8 at all. Their solution would be to buy a whole new calibrator as they're too f***ing greedy to write drivers for older ones.  This pisses me off a bit as I bought the Elite kit with the print calibrator as well (~£300 iirc) and am still on Win7 but now I know it'll be useless when I eventually upgrade my PC.  Needless to say I won't be buying Datacolor products ever again.

#c**ts!!

Posted 1 June 2014
Edited by RedChecker 1 June 2014
dhuntuk
Photographer
dhuntuk
RedChecker
Actually forget that, it doesn't look like the Spider 3 works with Windows 8 at all. Their solution would be to buy a whole new calibrator as they're too f***ing greedy to write drivers for older ones.  This pisses me off a bit as I bought the Elite kit with the print calibrator as well (~£300 iirc) and am still on Win7 but now I know it'll be useless when I eventually upgrade my PC.  Needless to say I won't be buying Datacolor products ever again. #c**ts!!
Thank you your input, Red. I have had a Windows 8 PC for over a year now and I gave up trying to install Spyder Pro 3 onto it a long time ago. So I have to use my old laptop (Windows 7) for my photographic needs. So, I now know it is just not me being silly. I have the same problem with Nero when using that software to burn DVDs. Either I invest in a Windows 8 upgrade costing £29.99 online. Or, I can go to a retailer and buy it for..... £29.99! Or, I can stay with my Windows 7 laptop for a little bit longer! I think it is another German software company like Datacolor? Anyway, I thought my hijacking would serve as a heads up for the OP as he did not mention which operating system he is using.
Posted 2 June 2014
Edited by dhuntuk 2 June 2014
DJ200
Photographer
DJ200
Well, I'm still using Spyder2Pro on my Windows 8.1..bit no problems. You just have to get and install the Windows 7 drivers.
Here is an interesting article for those who may be interested, although it does refer to Spyder-3-Pro..

http://protogtech.com/monitors/spyder-3-pro-windows-8/

Regards

David
Posted 3 June 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join