Email replies....... or not, as the case is.

Email replies....... or not, as the case is.

23 posts
20 June 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Kiboko
I don't believe for one second that models get inundated with messages, - 80 a day? Cloud cuckoo land! I get one or two a week, and I'm a brilliant photographer, so why should a mere stunning model? Are they in demand or something?
Posted 23 June 2013
Honesty
Model
Honesty
Kiboko
I don't believe for one second that models get inundated with messages, - 80 a day? Cloud cuckoo land! I get one or two a week, and I'm a brilliant photographer, so why should a mere stunning model? Are they in demand or something?
what if you only have 5 or 6 a day?
Posted 23 June 2013
Honesty
Model
Honesty
PaulManuell
Tbh, my port's mediocre at best, but I'd have thought the fact I offer paid shoots if the model's not interested in tf would weigh a bit in my favour in getting replies. Or is that a bit naive?
A little bit. sometimes I've turned down paid because things have been a bit "creepy gwc" and the port has made me suspicious. It may be the idea that's not interesting to the model, she may have tonnes of the proposed style already, who knows. I'm not really sure that replies are anything to do with whether the model is or isn't getting paid, or the work is or isn't appealing to her. I think a lot of models have other jobs/commitments and so they don't feel they need to be polite or mindful of their conduct as they don't rely on the work. Those of us that are real models, rely on our reps and will reply. Anyone that doesn't is probably not worth booking anyway.
Posted 23 June 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
Kiboko

Yes!

And I feel privileged to have worked with her three times.

Posted 23 June 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Honesty
A little bit. sometimes I've turned down paid because things have been a bit "creepy gwc" and the port has made me suspicious. It may be the idea that's not interesting to the model, she may have tonnes of the proposed style already, who knows. I'm not really sure that replies are anything to do with whether the model is or isn't getting paid, or the work is or isn't appealing to her. I think a lot of models have other jobs/commitments and so they don't feel they need to be polite or mindful of their conduct as they don't rely on the work. Those of us that are real models, rely on our reps and will reply. Anyone that doesn't is probably not worth booking anyway.
Thanks Honesty, really appreciate all that. It's a helpful and informative insight into things from a model's perspective.
Posted 23 June 2013
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
PaulManuell

What's the etiquette on sending a follow up email after they've opened but not replied to the first, asking again if they'd be interested in a shoot?

If I get no reply, and I remain interested, I send a follow up email after a while and repeatedly do so until either I get a reply or they cancel their membership or they block me. (The last of these has never occurred; the first has happened and has led to one or more productive shoots.)

If they ask me to no longer contact then, then of course I'll stop.

I regard my message to the model as unsolicted email (though a permissable and legitimate kind) and naturally it is their perogative to reply or not.

I've never answered a model's casting call, but if I did, I would regard my reply equally as an unsolicted communication, for them to respond to or ignore as they see fit.

Posted 24 June 2013
Edited by skymouse 24 June 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
skymouse
If I get no reply, and I remain interested, I send a follow up email after a while and repeatedly do so until either I get a reply or they cancel their membership or they block me. (The last of these has never occurred)
I'd never go to that extent to get a reply, I'd be concerned I'd be viewed as a pest. I've sent a follow up email to the model that I started this thread about, but won't be sending any more if that's not replied to.
Posted 24 June 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
skymouse
I've never answered a model's casting call, but if I did, I would regard my reply equally as an unsolicted communication
I've never answered one either, but if I did I certainly wouldn't regard my email as unsolicited; the model is, after all, inviting replies to her call.
Posted 24 June 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join