Cold sores!

23 posts
3 June 2013
Thanks for the tips everyone I too suffer from this dreaded virus, cancelled a shoot today as my whole chin is covered and my head is throbbing with fever! I use lysine cream (from Holland and Barrett) only £3.50, and Lysine tablets also from same shop. I didn't know about the patches, but doubt they would cover mine, as they are massive and I don't feel good either! My aren't always on the same places either.
Posted 10 Sep 2013
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Cold sores are caused by the virus Herpes simplex - Therefore, use an anti-viral such as acyclovir (example product=Zovirax). Other than staying healthy, it is that simple!
Posted 10 Sep 2013
kayliem
Model
kayliem
my boyfriend suffers from them often when his stressed. If you want a natural product to try he uses 'MOA' the green balm. 100% natural ingredients. a small pot will last you ages

Posted 9 May 2014
jivago
Photographer
jivago
kayliem

my boyfriend suffers from them often when his stressed. If you want a natural product to try he uses 'MOA' the green balm. 100% natural ingredients. a small pot will last you ages

'Natural" has no real meaning in this context. It's a 'rip-off' and one that is marketed a women. It is either effective or it is not. Aciclovir based medicines have scientific rigour behind them. Other stuff does not seem to. Its that simple. Spend your money wisely. In any case Aciclovir was first isolted from the common sponge. Natural enough?   

Posted 10 May 2014
Sdeve
Photographer
Sdeve
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-27330273

Be very careful about doing anything more than a snog.

Campaigners have criticised the Court of Appeal after it rejected a man's appeal against his conviction for infecting a woman with genital herpes.

David Golding, 31, of Braunston in Northamptonshire, had been jailed for 14 months after admitting grievous bodily harm in August 2011.

His appeal was rejected although his sentence was reduced to the three months he had already served in prison.

The Herpes Virus Association said it was "appalled" at the ruling.

The group, which campaigns against the transmission of herpes being treated as a criminal offence, supported Golding throughout his case.

Its director Marian Nicholson said: "We are appalled at the court's failure to overturn the guilty verdict - herpes virus transmission should not be in the legal arena at all.

"Over half the cases of genital herpes are caused by the common facial cold sore type usually [transmitted] by oral sex.

"The implications of the judgment are that any of them [infection carriers] could be sent to prison if they transmit this infection to a partner."

Posted 10 May 2014
Jackass
Photographer
Jackass
Put some perfume or aftershave on a tissue then squeeze it on your cold sore as hard as you dare. Works for me.

Posted 16 May 2014
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
One of the best things I have ever used is the Virulite machine, it's a small device with led's that emit wavelengths which greatly increase the body's natural defences against the cold sores, if used at first 'tingle' often stops them forming at all, but reduces severity if they have already started.
I occasionally suffer slight Rosacea near the sides of the nose and it works on this as well.

Posted 16 May 2014
Edited by magpie1 16 May 2014
Photobomber
Photographer
Photobomber
Bleach. True atoey

Posted 16 May 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join