New computer

24 posts
20 May 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
ammonitecreative

Avoid PC's buy a mac you'll never look back!

For £500?

Posted 22 May 2013
paulford
Photographer
paulford
Had a play with a Mac no like at all and all computers at work are on various versions of windows we even got one running windows 95.

Posted 22 May 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
It only takes one extra click to get to the desktop on Windows 8 !
and Microsoft are supposed to be issuing 8.1 soon to address users' complaints about the interface (speculation being that this will bring back the start button).

Posted 22 May 2013
Ron_H
Photographer
Ron_H
I bought this last week and it runs photoshop and lightroom like a dream:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VIBOX-Centre-Multimedia-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B007P2F2XG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1369226126&sr=8-4&keywords=vibox+gaming+pc

It doesn't come with any operating software though, but if you still have your Windows disc from your last machine you can just install that.

Posted 22 May 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
Ron_H

............... but if you still have your Windows disc from your last machine you can just install that.

Only if you bought Windows - not the disc that came with a nachine on which it was pre-installed.

Posted 22 May 2013
Ron_H
Photographer
Ron_H
mph
Only if you bought Windows - not the disc that came with a nachine on which it was pre-installed.
Yeah good point. I did buy mine separately though. Mind you...a basic copy of Windows 7 isn't that expensive. I'd avoid windows 8 like the plague though!
Posted 22 May 2013
paulford
Photographer
paulford
Windows 8 will probably be sorted about a month before windows 9!

Posted 22 May 2013
paulford
Photographer
paulford
Think I might build or get someone to build for me, Probably around a 256gb SSD and then just back up to at least two standard hard drives as soon as I have done any editing to them.

Posted 27 May 2013
mikedistras
Photographer
mikedistras
Didnt really read all of this thread, but just as a ballpark figure... I managed to build my own for about £600. I managed to get: i7 Processor 16GB RAM 128GB SSD I got the Case, Motherboard, Power, DVD and Wireless Card etc too included in the £600 I spent AGES contemplating whether i should risk building my own, or just buy a pre made one. Both costs were roughly the same, but I think building it myself meant I got that extra bit of RAM, and SSD instead of a HDD and better quality components
Posted 27 May 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join