No shows!!! (Familiies)

19 posts
15 May 2013
thelook
Photographer
thelook
vipimages
what if its a non refundable deposit?
When I started out, I was advised by a Business Advisor that the two terms are entirely different. A Deposit is an amount taken off of the final sum so you pay a £50 deposit for a £200 shoot leaving a balance of £150. If it's a Booking Fee, thats a separate charge from the shoot so you would price this as £50 Booking Fee and £150 for the shoot. Same outcome regarding total money paid but different wording. Think about buying on EBay. If you pay £10 plus £2 postage and ask for your money back you only get £10 back. If the item was £12 and free postage, you get the full £12 back.... I believe if the shoot doesn't take place, however you word it the 'Deposit' must be refunded. A 'Booking Fee' covered the booking and therefore does not.
Posted 17 May 2013
ChazPhotos
Photographer
ChazPhotos
Web site has no phone number or address? I find that odd I for one would think twice about using you with a web site like that. Oh and it is braking UK law...

Posted 17 June 2013
SDuell
Photographer
SDuell
your are not alone there ive had a few myself bump and baby and family shoots arranged and they never turned up i felt so disheartened and paraniod that some one had told them not to come

so i now do a "booking" charge and i can tell you its make my life alot easier as soon as i say the word via emails they are like ill get back to you which is a clear sign they had no intention in going through with any shoot

atleast i can sort out the time wasters from the real clients even if it means i dont do that many shoots now oh well

Posted 26 July 2013
Edited by SDuell 26 July 2013
DKCAPTURE
Photographer
DKCAPTURE
I dont have many no shows as I dont ask for a deposit I ask for the full amount up front..why would they not pay for the full sitting. It save getting them to pay the balance on the day.

Posted 26 July 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join