Baroness Thatcher (retitled)

Baroness Thatcher (retitled)

348 posts
8 April 2013
lester2705
Photographer
lester2705
I'm not one for usually commenting on such things, but I just can't help myself due to the nasty things that are being cast around on forums and social networking and people who actually commented that they "hoped she suffered" !!!!!
At the end of the day, she's also a human being....and how would those folks feel if somebody vilified a member of their family in the same way????

Posted 8 April 2013
Badger
Photographer
Badger
pompeytog

R.I.P. Mrs T. She did what had to be done for the good of the Country and with a real sense of duty rather than what could she get out of it. Unlike some of the idiots of recent times. She was a truly Great Briton.

Absolutely spot on, couldn't agree more.
Posted 8 April 2013
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
I won't be out celebrating. But I won't be losing any sleep. She lived a long life and that was more than a lot of the people she affected got.

Posted 8 April 2013
Callear
Photographer
Callear
She ruined the country. She brought in laws that promoted greed and tax dodging by the rich. That still exist today and are part of our whole problem.
She systematically destroyed the steel and coal industry which has left with no core exports (British steel and such) and left us open to being at the mercy of Russia for fuel.

Like most MP's she was short sighted and never saw the bigger long term picture.

The unions were a problem and needed fixing. But by destroying the industry they represented she did far more harm than good and ruined hundreds of thousands of peoples lives without a second thought.

Posted 8 April 2013
Edited by Callear 8 April 2013
keigo
Photographer
keigo
RattusRock
an old lady died someones mother, sister, grandmother are you really proud of yourselves this is whats wrong with the world - weather you agree or not with what she did, celebrating a frail old woman's death says far more about you as people than her
My thoughts exactly. Well said. Don't speak ill of the dead, especially on the day of their passing. What's wrong with some people?
Posted 8 April 2013
pentax5AC
Photographer
pentax5AC
Without doubt the greatest and most influential of the post war Prime Ministers, and the last of the true conviction politicians, in as much as she stood for what she actually believed in; and finally the ONLY reason British school children in Port Slanley continue their lessons in English as opposed to Spanish.
Posted 8 April 2013
Callear
Photographer
Callear
RattusRock
an old lady died someones mother, sister, grandmother are you really proud of yourselves this is whats wrong with the world - weather you agree or not with what she did, celebrating a frail old woman's death says far more about you as people than her
It says more about the level of feeling towards her than the people who say they are happy because she's dead. The fact that someone is dead shouldn't stop people saying what they think about them, even if it's bad. If she didn't want to be thought of badly when she passed away she should have done better in life. Yes she was someones Mother. So what, so are many bad women.
Posted 8 April 2013
ConceptOL9
Photographer
ConceptOL9
I hated her when she was PM so much so when she came on TV I used to throw a cushion at it, but in retrospect she made Britain Great again. I have her to thank for stopping me smoking (but that's another story) I agree with Pompeytog and Jackass wholeheartedly.

Posted 8 April 2013
Edited by ConceptOL9 8 April 2013
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
Good riddance!

Dave
PS. Sorry to read of your loses, Bob.

Posted 8 April 2013
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Jackass

. Now after another 13 years of Labour government look at the shambolic mess we're in once more. .

Actually...it is after a shade under 3 yrs of Tory Govt........

Posted 8 April 2013
NWPP
Photographer
NWPP
Love or hate her she had bigger balls than anyone on here...

We need that kind of courage in government now... just not those policies.

N

Posted 8 April 2013
stevegosh
Photographer
stevegosh
she saved the country, i remember looking after some restaurants in Leicester Sq which was piled high over the square wish rubbish & rats running wild during the dustmen strike, she tamed the unions, thank god. RIP

Posted 8 April 2013
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
When somebody does a very necessary job, one that others had been too scared to take on, enemies will be made amongst those that have been in freewheel destruction in pursuit of their own desires. If people are still unable to recognise the importance of what was done in those times then your 'political views' are blinkering your ability to comprehend the reality of the dire straits we were in.

It is quite telling that the posts I've seen on my FB stream that have been 'celebratory' have been by people who were not even born whilst she was PM. Evidence of being raised with bigoted views on her as opposed to thinking rationally and in an informed manner about those days.

She has been ill for some time so her death does not come as a surprise. The only surprise to me at the hate expressed by some is that they have not had their blinkers removed over the last few decades.

Posted 8 April 2013
paulcase
Photographer
paulcase
A true leader R.I.P.

Posted 8 April 2013
stevephot
Photographer
stevephot
keigo

My thoughts exactly. Well said. Don't speak ill of the dead, especially on the day of their passing. What's wrong with some people?

Why not, she was responsible for the early deaths of a lot of people...why not pass her death with a small chear.  She knew the cost of things but never the worth.

Posted 8 April 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join