Microsoft Outlook

Microsoft Outlook

20 posts
7 April 2013
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Googled it..."Outlook for Mac" might be useful?

Only ever been PC so have never had any issues with any versions going back to the 90's...but some good advice on here so far.

All a bit odd really as a Mac is now a Pc (same processor) with an extra chip to tell it is a Mac, at a Mac price of course!

Posted 8 April 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
OldMaster
Googled it..."Outlook for Mac" might be useful? Only ever been PC so have never had any issues with any versions going back to the 90's...but some good advice on here so far. All a bit odd really as a Mac is now a Pc (same processor) with an extra chip to tell it is a Mac, at a Mac price of course!
It's the wonderful OS and windowing environment that's different. A GUI on top of a flavour Unix.
Posted 8 April 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
OldMaster
Googled it..."Outlook for Mac" might be useful? Only ever been PC so have never had any issues with any versions going back to the 90's...but some good advice on here so far. All a bit odd really as a Mac is now a Pc (same processor) with an extra chip to tell it is a Mac, at a Mac price of course!
There's a difference between outlook.com and outlook the ms office suite program. There's no fundamental reason why running a browser based e-mail should be different on a Mac Apparently this is a widespread problem at the server end. Personally I would connect it to macmail which I always found reliable (although you are still dependent on the e-mail server which is more likely to be reliable if you are paying for the service)
Posted 8 April 2013
Edited by stolenfaces 8 April 2013
Faye
Model
Faye
I've done lots of googling on the situation but there doesn't seem to be a one size fits all answer. I just want advice on which is a decent email service to switch to. I'm using outlook online, it's not on my desktop.

Posted 8 April 2013
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Google mail.

Solid, stable.

Posted 8 April 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join