Another mouth to feed

Another mouth to feed

24 posts
3 Dec 2012
Eeeee, a Royal baby will be lovely. I'm just a bit concerned about them announcing it so early. I hope to goodness that all goes well for them and that in 6 months they have a new baby. Wishing her all the best for a happy, quick and healthy pregnancy.

Posted 4 Dec 2012
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
JennyWren

Eeeee, a Royal baby will be lovely. I'm just a bit concerned about them announcing it so early. I hope to goodness that all goes well for them and that in 6 months they have a new baby. Wishing her all the best for a happy, quick and healthy pregnancy.

Well, what a lovely and generous comment from you, JennyWren. I agree its very early days for so much publicity.
Posted 4 Dec 2012
Diabolik
Photographer
Diabolik

Luckily they should be able to make ends meet as their family are in receipt of benefits.

Posted 4 Dec 2012
BFSPhotography
Photographer
BFSPhotography
carshaltonkev
The papers will be full of this story for the next 6 months. Groan! I cannot be the only one who is really not interested.
+1 for me
Posted 4 Dec 2012
Ken_Smith
Photographer
Ken_Smith
couchpotato

Kate and Wills are having a baby. Congrats,

Now that puts the baby 3rd in line to the throne.

If Kate has a baby girl, she may become the first female king, according to Nick Clegg who said in an interview today "The old fashioned rules where only a boy could become a king and his older sister was not allowed to, those rules will be swept aside..."

One minute 45 seconds into this interview for the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20600257

surprise  blush

Posted 5 Dec 2012
EdT
Photographer
EdT
anthonyh
This might not be the case of course...a lot depends on the Queen's health. She has made it clear many times that she will reign until her death...if she lives to the same age as her mother that is still a long time. Charles of course is already an old man.......if he should sucumbe before the  Queen then the line of succession will pass to Andrew...and then his children. Just a thought.
Errr no. The succession is ordered by male-preference (cognatic) primogeniture. A person is always immediately followed in the succession by his or her own legitimate descendants (his or her line) except for any legitimate descendants who already appear higher in the line of succession. A person's sons and their lines all come before a person's daughters and their lines. Older sons and their lines come before younger sons and their lines. Older daughters and their lines come before younger daughters and their lines, So, Charles' line (William (then possible children) then Harry (then possible children)) come before Andrew. Once someone is in the direct line of succession, the only way they can not become king/queen is by dying (or abdication).
Posted 6 Dec 2012
Edited by EdT 6 Dec 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
EdT

Errr no. The succession is ordered by male-preference (cognatic) primogeniture. A person is always immediately followed in the succession by his or her own legitimate descendants (his or her line) except for any legitimate descendants who already appear higher in the line of succession. A person's sons and their lines all come before a person's daughters and their lines. Older sons and their lines come before younger sons and their lines. Older daughters and their lines come before younger daughters and their lines, So, Charles' line (William (then possible children) then Harry (then possible children)) come before Andrew. Once someone is in the direct line of succession, the only way they can not become king/queen is by dying (or abdication).

Oh stop spoiling the thread with facts!  surprise

Posted 6 Dec 2012
EdT
Photographer
EdT
mph
Oh stop spoiling the thread with facts! 
Sorry, I'm a born pedant. You have no idea how much my wife suffers from my pedantry.
Posted 6 Dec 2012
Edited by EdT 6 Dec 2012
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
There was me thinking they were just born with a silver spoon in they mouth!!!!!
Posted 6 Dec 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join