18 posts
4 Nov 2012
mikethefoto
Photographer
mikethefoto
bethbordeaux12

Most fake fur is dog or cat hair as its cheaper cost then synthetic sadly

Did you read this before posting?

If so I suggest you look up the definition of fake!
Posted 5 Nov 2012
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Ok, I have no problems with killing animals for food if it's done humanely, if fur or skin is a bi-product of this then well and good, why waste it.

I do have a huge problem with killing animals exclusively for their fur though, it's simply pointless and unnecessary in the modern age of synthetic materials.

I don't agree with the view that whether *you* or *I* boycott such products or not will make no difference.

It may not stop their production, but how can someone as an individual buy or wear a product if they are fundamentally opposed to how it is produced. I eat meat, but there are certain animal products I won't buy because I am opposed to the way it's produced, and whilst I may not actively try and stop what I disagree with, I care enough not to buy it, no matter how cheap.

I think the truth is that if an individual purchases the items described in the knowledge of how they are produced, then they simply don't care.

Surely not to care about such unspeakable cruelty or to condone it by supporting it financially by purchasing the product, is as bad as the original act itself?

Posted 5 Nov 2012
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
peterbuchanphoto

Why boycott all of china for what 1 group are doing? might as well sell all your electricals since if the chips werent made in China some of the raw materials in them will almost certainly be from there. People talk of terrible wages and poor working conditions as a reason not to buy from some 3rd world countries, but think on this... if we all stopped buying from these companies, their employees would be laid off and starve.... but thats ok because they arent being paid a crappy wage and working crazy hours anymore eh? Sh*ts never as simple as people like to make it. Also the consumer is largely to blame as we like to buy at as low a cost as possible (in some cases have no choice as we cant afford anything but the bargain range)... for it to be sold cheap, moneys got to be saved somewhere in the production.

Ah right, so do nothing then? 
As I said in my post, it will be difficult but I will do my best not to buy anything of Chinese origin. It would be really easy to just say, "poor fluffy animals" and carry on regardless.
That video sickened me to my very core and if the consumer decided not to buy Chinese goods because of the way they treat animals then they may eventually change their laws somewhat. I don't doubt for a minute that my stance will have any effect on the Chinese economy, but I have made my decision and I will do my utmost to stick to it.
You of course have a choice to do otherwise.
Posted 5 Nov 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join