32 posts
8 Sep 2012
Oh wait, I have google.

Is it good?

Posted 21 Sep 2012
fizzy
Model
fizzy
It's really good, sort of like a better version of tinted moisturiser, provides more coverage and actually reduces the appearance of blemishes and appearance of your natural skin over time as well. It feels really nice as well, usually foundation irritates my skin ebcause it's so dry and sensitive but this stuff doesn't.

Posted 21 Sep 2012
fizzy

I have an absolutely terrible time getting foundations to match because I'm so pale but I've been using Illamsqua's second palest shade and it's a perfect match, unfortunately it's not that suited to dry skin, so I use Garnier BB cream as a base and the Illamasqua stuff as a concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes. It seems to work quite well.

I will try Ilamasqua one day when I can get to a store to try it, I have trouble matching shades too. So I don't want to order online until I know what I need.  
Posted 24 Sep 2012
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
i have no idea if it's the right product or whatever but i know a few people who rate the vichy stuff quite highly, they've got sensitive skin and such and rarely look like it's been plastered on

Posted 24 Sep 2012
Illamasqua is awesome for pale shades! They actually go as pale as goth white, which is like tippex in colour. Usually the palest shade is nowhere near white enough, so I was surprised that I had to buy something that wasn't the palest in the range for once.
I mix mine with a slightly darker shade by Max Factor, because the consistency of the Illamasqua foundation is a bit too sheer for my skin.

Posted 24 Sep 2012
Edited by DeeElegia 24 Sep 2012
I tried the Boots colour match thingy and I'm chuffed with the colour.

Posted 24 Sep 2012
I myself love Benefit playsticks but they have discontinued thier lightest colour-jax.this used to be amazing when my skin was whiter than white(before I started sunbathing).
Elizabeth Arden Lucidity is brilliant for fair skin I love it if i'm using a liquid foundation and also Mac has a good range, and will blend you a colour to match if you can't match your skin tone x
Posted 25 Sep 2012
Edited by laurenlangley 25 Sep 2012
I have to admit I am an illamasqua fan but find in the winter it doesn't like my skin. That said, I've started weekly treatments to improve hydration so hopefully i wont need to swap to something else in the winter As I said earlier in the thread though I love my Almay bargain...it's ideal for castings!
Posted 26 Sep 2012
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Scratch the Garnier BB cream thing, if you're wearing it on its own its far, far too reflective and will shine like a mother under a lot of studio lights. I usually wear only that on outdoor shoots so didn't realise it. If your skin is dry like mine, moisturise your skin really well and then use Illamasqua. Benefit's Porefressional stuff makes an amazing base too.

Posted 26 Sep 2012
tob
Photographer
tob
You also might consider using a professional make-up like e.g. Kryolan (see http://www.kryolan.com/en/index.php?mnu=1) or imho even better Paris Berlin Professional Make-Up (sold by several shops in UK). Especially the High Tech Foundation from Paris Berlin is really great.
Posted 27 Sep 2012
Tayla
Model
Tayla
Estee Lauder Double Wear Light

Posted 7 Oct 2012
The best foundation I have ever used is Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish. It comes in compact form with a sponge
so you have good control over how much you use and you can use your fingertips for extra coverage. I discovered it way back in 1972 and although I do occasionally use other brands, I always come back to EA.

Posted 16 April 2013
Illamasqua Skin Base x

Posted 25 Aug 2014
Best colour matching powders i've found are from lilylolo.co.uk, natural mineral foundation, loads of different shades, and if you buy 2 different shades you can mix them together to suit your skintone perfectly
Posted 29 Aug 2014
JodieW
Model
JodieW
I use Bobbi Brown and also Use Mac both flawless but naturel and I also find they are only ones that dont leave blotches X

Posted 29 Aug 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join