Advice Please...!!

19 posts
15 Aug 2012
ChrisD
Photographer
ChrisD
Chrissie_Red

"that far off look" - studying that is easy, just look at ballet dancers they do it perfectly and look beautiful. xx

cheeky
Posted 16 Aug 2012
RedChecker
To be honest I haven't a clue but many actors and singers use it (it's all about muscle relaxation and control I believe) I mention this as G-Man (from the Half-Life video games) was based on Alexander Technique practitioner Frank Sheldon (mentioned HERE).  The 'making of' book of the game shows how the game's creators took video and stills of Frank's face running through cycles of facial expressions to enable the programmers to maniuplate the character's face to recreate moods and expressions as demonstrated here
Cheers ill have to look into that
Posted 16 Aug 2012
FotoCreate
Photographer
FotoCreate
go to this link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HvqyOe6vsM 

That should give you pretty much any expression you'll ever need!

Best wishes,

B.
Posted 16 Aug 2012
madala
Photographer
madala
mgphotomedia

Learn to develop a mood mentally in your head. Your expressions should then reflect that mood and as a consequence look convincing. A decent photographer should be able to help you develop the required mood.

+1

I have long been giving this advice to models.  It is equally as effective as an aid to getting the requested pose 'right.'  The inner thoughts translate into body language almost automatically.

How can a shot work if you are sitting on a sharp, hard, pointed rock with the thought going though your head is, "How much longer ? this hurts!"  and the photographer calls hor a happy smile ?
Posted 18 Aug 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join