[Has Been Turned Into Another Chaperone Thread]">advice please [Has Been Turned Into An...

advice please [Has Been Turned Into Another Chaperone Thread]

24 posts
1 Aug 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
Hugh
Just updated my profile: "Chaperones: Never had one when shooting nudes in deserted places round the world. Not going to start now. Have a look at my references here, and the Tags on my MM portfolio ( http://www.modelmayhem.com/hughalison ). Talk to a couple of people who've shot with me. "
I should add to mine something like "look, if a model trusts me enough to tie her hands and legs down as tightly as I can while she's naked except for a collar, an hour after she's met me and we are alone in my apartment, then I suggest any trust issues are *yours*" hehe
Posted 2 Aug 2012
para
Photographer
para
Chrissie_Red
Many photographers work from home, nothing to be afraid of if he has good references then you will be fine. Also a good idea to contact some of the girls who have left him a reference and ask them for a bit more detail on what he is like to work with.
This is very good advice I've lost count of models I've met at Diss station who have arrived on their own.Those who have driven here on their own and even girls flying from Manchester and Stanstead to Majorca on their own. It's very common
Posted 2 Aug 2012
This post is surprising given the notes on her profile:
"I have worked with a wide variety of photographers on a diverse range of shoots. I have done studio work and I am also happy working with the elements on location."

Comments:
I am looking to broaden my portfolio by experimenting with new things. I can be versitile with my look and don't scare easily. I consider myself a laid back fun loving girl who enjoys a challenge.

She has been a member for 3 weeks though.

Posted 2 Aug 2012
DerwentPromotions

"I have worked with a wide variety of photographers on a diverse range of shoots. I have done studio work and I am also happy working with the elements on location."

Comments:
I am looking to broaden my portfolio by experimenting with new things. I can be versitile with my look and don't scare easily. I consider myself a laid back fun loving girl who enjoys a challenge.

this isnt the only place people can model, she maybe on model mayhem, net model or even model from her own website of facebook

many models i know come here from other sites dosnt meen they have never worked before
Posted 2 Aug 2012
I agree with Chrissie's advice. I don't think I've taken a chaperone to a shoot since my very first one. 

Posted 2 Aug 2012
I took a chaperone with me for my first couple of shoots, mostly to pay lip-service to my other halfs concerns for safety (after a previous non modelling incident) for a little while. I can honesty say that I much prefer working 1-1 with a photographer, a chaperone just put me off as I had another person to worry about if the shoot overran, we wanted to switch location etc.

Do your reference checks and make sure someone at home knows what time train you should be getting home, the location of the shoot and the photographers name and you'll be fine. You could even arrange to receive a call 10 minutes after the planned finishing time if you are really worried.

Posted 2 Aug 2012
If you have worked with photographers more local to you on a 1 to 1 basis and never had a problem in doing so then there is no reason why you should feel uneasy if its a little further from home providing they have the suitable references etc. If its the prospect of being so far away from home that concerns you then just do a few extra checks for your own piece of mind, i.e. message models that have worked with the said photographer previously.
Posted 2 Aug 2012
MikeRiot
Photographer
MikeRiot
DerwentPromotions

Comments:

I swear... you're one of the biggest idiots I know
Posted 2 Aug 2012
Edited by WebModerator 2 Aug 2012
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Model lives in town A, shoots with photographer from Town A - doesn't need a chaperone Model lives in Town A shoots with photographer from Town B quite a distance from Town A, feels she needs a chaperone. BTW Is a model from town B more at risk with the photographer from Town A or B?? Please discuss
Posted 3 Aug 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join