( Yes, it's that time again!)">Chaperones ( Yes, it's that time again!)...

Chaperones ( Yes, it's that time again!)

It seems this conversation has now been locked
82 posts
6 June 2012
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
I kinda like chaperones, its a sort of BOGOF deal. You don't have spend the time hunting and dismembering two separate people, they're both in one place. You can always freeze the extra pies you make, and you still only need the one shallow grave. Result!

Posted 6 June 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
A model once asked if I'd be her chaperone - 10 days in LA all expenses paid. I was sorely tempted.

Posted 6 June 2012
TeddyB
Photographer
TeddyB
JodieEllen
Chaperones...... What's everyone's opinion on them?
Posted 6 June 2012
Mike_Dainty_ARTIST
Photographer
Mike_Dainty_ARTIST
PeterH

I kinda like chaperones, its a sort of BOGOF deal. You don't have spend the time hunting and dismembering two separate people, they're both in one place. You can always freeze the extra pies you make, and you still only need the one shallow grave. Result!

And use the left overs for a nice tasty soupangry
Posted 6 June 2012
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Whilst I prefer to work without them, they do have their uses like lugging all the gear to some of my out of the way locations. Can't say I ever have had a problem.

Posted 6 June 2012
I used to go to shoots with my boyfriend when I first started.

He gave me the confidence and the push to get into modelling, and having him there gave me to confidence to do my best.

He was nothing more than helpful and an inspiration to my modelling.

Even now I ask him for advice on it.

I can say, without a doubt, that without him...I wouldn't be where I am now.

So for every 50 horror stories, you should remember that some chaperones/boyfriends have a positive effect.

RebeccaAmy <3
Posted 6 June 2012
ChrisM
Photographer
ChrisM
My first shoot the girl had a chaperone...ex forces gorilla who sat in the corner brooding whilst I photographed his stripper girl friend in her pants...

some people eh I mean I did ask before I put them on...
Posted 6 June 2012
Edited by ChrisM 6 June 2012
onebadpuppy
Photographer
onebadpuppy
On a posative note, I used to do quite a bit of work with Kokopopz "top lady" when she lived in Norwich and she used to always bring her then boyfriend. There was never any problems between us, in fact he became a valuable member of the team, watching my back while I was shooting.

Posted 6 June 2012
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
...and still after all that, it has made it to 3 pages so far!!!!! Please just STOP
Posted 6 June 2012
OldMaster
...and still after all that, it has made it to 3 pages so far!!!!! Please just STOP
We have way to many threads on this so enough now.
Posted 6 June 2012
I brought a chaperone with me once. It was my first suspension shoot and I wanted someone there in case I freaked out.

Didn't like it. Made me feel awkward. Couldn't work properly.

Posted 6 June 2012
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Vas

Regardless of what the predators say, you must always, ALWAYS take a chaperone to shoots with you. The one time my chaperone couldn't make it (my very protective bestfriend, who is also my brother-boyfriend), the photographer took me out to the woods, raped me, and then killed me. He then took me back to his place and killed me again.

You should get someone to write that down for you, it would make a best selling book    

Once, twice, three times a lady........killer
Posted 6 June 2012
TMG
Photographer
TMG
Mike_Dainty_ARTIST

And use the left overs for a nice tasty soupangry

But do not bother  boiling the bones. Waitrose do a wonderful little chaperone stock cube now - takes all the hard work out of it.
Posted 6 June 2012
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
TMG

But do not bother  boiling the bones. Waitrose do a wonderful little chaperone stock cube now - takes all the hard work out of it.

WAITROSE !!! You'll have to dig deep to afford them 
Posted 6 June 2012
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
gerryquiff

WAITROSE !!! You'll have to dig deep to afford them 

Depends how deep you buried them....smiley
Posted 6 June 2012
It seems this conversation has now been locked