Shaving rash

23 posts
13 April 2012
I get the same problem too and Ive been using rescue oil and it look so much better. Ive always used the best razors, best shaving gel and they dont seem to make much difference but the rescue oil has done wonders
Posted 14 April 2012
capturingmemories
Photographer
capturingmem..
a hot blade will also improve the efficiency of the shave

Posted 12 Jan 2013
seriously use a man blade. womens blades make me look like freddy kruger, a mans mac 3 or quatro does wonders and doesnt cut either

Posted 12 Jan 2013
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
I was taught to shave dry using talcum powder. Used to take the back off the disposable razor to expose a very good Wilkinson Sword blade which was then used like a cut-throat. Yes, I am specifically talking pubic shaves. Have done hundreds of people like that and never had a problem.

Posted 12 Jan 2013
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuilding..
I would suggest that eEven when using a brand new razor boil it in a mug of water before use.

The razor has been made in China, shipped to a port, spent 6 weeks on a ship, 2 months in a warehouse before it got to the shop.

Despite the packaging it may still need to be sterilized.

Also I use running hot water whilst shaving.

I never just use a sink on the basis that I would be cleaning the razor in dirty water and not getting rid of the bacteria.

Posted 11 April 2013
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuilding..
Sorry

I just realised how old this thread is.

Posted 11 April 2013
When shaving, shave downwards rather than upwards. If your using a good razor, you should have very minimal bits left. Around the gentle parts you can shave upwards to get away any spikey bits. I never use shaving foam, mild shower gel and water. Apply a little vaseline thats is all after. Another thing i do is keep on top of it, otherwise youll repeated episodes of rash.

Posted 12 April 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Have you considered options other than wet shaving?

Posted 13 April 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join