(Yes, it really IS another Macaroon thread.)">Chaperones (Yes, it really IS another Ma...

Chaperones (Yes, it really IS another Macaroon thread.)

It seems this conversation has now been locked
38 posts
9 March 2012
Jack_Russell
Photographer
Jack_Russell
Chaperone. n: often an ugly Facebook munter or chavvy boyfriend who like to interfere with a photographers equipment & offer creative direction.
Posted 9 March 2012
clarmike
Photographer
clarmike
Oh I dont like the idea of anyone 'interfering with my equipment' perhaps I should wear a jockstrap.

Posted 10 March 2012
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
gerryquiff

I'm sorry I cancelled my shoot with you now Matt, I can be quite threatening 

Oh, my dogs have no perception of fear, they live in a world of love and being spoilt.  
Posted 10 March 2012
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
clarmike

Oh blimey...perhaps I should read more...this subject does seem to have had a degree of coverage. I think I will forget it and go to bed.. Goodnight all

You are perfectly entitled to post what you want, within the site rules of course, The fact that it's been done before is just a fact of life on sites such as this and could equally apply to a host of other subjects.
Posted 10 March 2012
RobGolding
Photographer
RobGolding
Jack_Russell
Chaperone. n: often an ugly Facebook munter or chavvy boyfriend who like to interfere with a photographers equipment & offer creative direction.
Fantastic.....hehehe!
Posted 10 March 2012
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
Jack_Russell

Chukle!!!!!

I don`t mind chaperones, but don`t like partners who obviously do not want their wives/girlfriends modelling because it creates a terrible atmosphere.

Posted 10 March 2012
Hobbeldehoy
Photographer
Hobbeldehoy
It sounds as if she's stabbing her finger at you while she's saying it.
Posted 10 March 2012
clarmike
Photographer
clarmike
who ? me. I ain't done nuffink guvenor

Posted 10 March 2012
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
I don't mind chaperones
Posted 10 March 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
katiesoze
I don't mind chaperones
I do prefer toblerones.
Posted 10 March 2012
Gordon
Photographer
Gordon
mph

What is a chaperone?
Some one that eats all your Jaffer cakes surprise

Posted 10 March 2012
ChrisY
Photographer
ChrisY
Do they take their 'chaperones' to their other work/jobs? I guess not... (here opens the doors for all the 'But its different' etc)... All this could be avoided with references and choosing who you work with selectively...
Posted 10 March 2012
Holmax
Photographer
Holmax
Ahhh, but it's different
Posted 10 March 2012
jes
Model
jes
The only chaperone I ever take is the one in my Avatar.  He did poop in one studio though.

Posted 10 March 2012
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
clarmike

[ quote of model's profile notes snipped]
I wonder why this model who joined purestorm in April last year has not got one feedback on her profile? Could it be that the remarks above are offensive to togs or is she in any way justified in her approach. Personally if a model says may she bring someone to a shoot I always say yes. But I do not think I wish to be bullied.

Yay!

Seeing this thread — alive, drooling, and unlocked — was like seeing the shopkeeper had accidentally given me an extra £5 in my change!

Thanks for the entertainment.

Maybe she hasn't had any feedback because she's been busy having a life? Some folk haven't methinks?

Re: feeling that you are being "bullied" because of what someone wrote impersonally on an Internet profile — someone you'll never want or need to to meet or have any dealings or contact with for any reason — I'd suggest you could benefit from a variety of treatments ranging from informal counselling and support through to anti-psychotic drugs.
Posted 10 March 2012
Edited by skymouse 10 March 2012
It seems this conversation has now been locked