Share your phone death stories.

Share your phone death stories.

34 posts
1 Feb 2012
One of my favourite phone a few year ago, a little samsung. It slipped straight out my hand and into my mug of hot water. I thought it would work but took everything out it and dried it off lol.

Then when i had my sony ericcson i was at the cinema with my son when he was little and it must slid out my pocket, i went straight back in to get it but it was only the cleaners. one of them must of took it. i phoned up orange and got it blocked straight away so no one could use it. after about 4 week i got a phone call from orange  down in England to say they had my phone and they were posting it up to me. lol Couldnt beileve it. I gave that phone to my son a few years later. and he lost it when he was out. Bloody phone.
Thankfully the last couple of phones have been no problem. Dropped my blackberry a few times but its a tough cookie. lol
Posted 2 Feb 2012
Amber6
Model
Amber6
At the moment I seem to just lose them (which happened to two Iphones last year!).

I did permanently 'wound' one Nokia. In about 2007 when I was clubbing. Phone was in handbag, as was bottle of not-so-tightly-closed mineral water. Didn't die outright, but soon developed many interesting little 'quirks' due to the contact with the leaky bottle, such as the alarm going off for no reason, the screen no longer lit up (that was bloody annoying), and not telling me when I had new texts.

Posted 2 Feb 2012
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
gerryquiff

Adjusting the clutch on my car a few years back, my week old phone was safely placed in the car. When it rang, I naturally reached into the car, answered it, and put it in my pocket at the end of the call. At the end of the job, as I was putting the tools away, I found the phone smashed in 3 or 4 large parts, and quite a few smaller parts. I guess I ran over it when testing the clutch at the end of the job. The phone shop I used at the time were happy to replace the phone after Taking the piss out of me

I've also done this one. Checking for what looked like a water leak from underneath my campervan and the phone fell out of my shirt pocket and obviously landed just in front of the rear wheel.  Very  well  Crunched.  Not too worried as it was a crap phone and ready for changing.
Posted 2 Feb 2012
Years ago I use to be a towercrane driver, after a large concrete pour late one afternoon I packed up, clipped my phone on my belt , chucked the trustie Backpack on , and started to climb down the 120 foot crane. The back pack hooked up knocking my phone of my belt..... It fell striaght down the tower, hit a landing and went straight into the concrete skip ........which my banksman was washing out....!!!!! We opened the skip ...and it was still working .... My wife also lanched my Blackberry out of a second floor window, she was answering it for me, when it came out of its case landed on our patio........ yep its still working, and I now have a new case. Mark
Posted 2 Feb 2012
The only one of mine that has broken was a little slidy Samsung (The one that came out at the same time at that chocolate phone by LG). The ribbon connector snapped and the screen just went white. A couple have had near death experiences though. My iPhone 3G went swimming in a mug of tea, just slipped out of my hand when I was slouching with the cup in the other hand. It survived after a week in sillica gel. The home button is still a bit non-responsive to this day though. My little sister (16 years younger than me) decided to try to kill one of my first ones. The Nokia 3210 (I think, the one with interchangeable covers but before the 3300). She was potty training and while I was cleaning her up, it must have fallen out of my pocket or something, but the next thing I know I saw it lying in her potty in a puddle of wee! That survived, but I swapped it for the 3300 as soon as I could!
Posted 4 Feb 2012
nikonuser
Photographer
nikonuser
someone phoned my while i was doing the washing up, yep, it got dropped into the sink full of soapy water......new one arrived 09.00hrs the following day, a day later i slipped by the car in snow and ice, cleared the car and drove over my new phone....crunch, another one 09.00hrs the following day, this ones lasted a few years now
Posted 4 Feb 2012
Washing machine, left it in my pocket after a night out and just picked up my clothes next morning to put them through the wash.
Lost in a park - thing it fell out whilst playig with the kids but I called it and thankfuly somebody had rescued it from the see-saw area.
Dropped in the bath whilst answering the phone - now I still answer the phone in the bath but kinda hang myself over the side whilst doing it.
A few have gone to the phone heaven naturally - just stopped working with no explanation. RIP .

Posted 5 Feb 2012
melrobson02

Twice I've put my mobile on the top of the cistern when out then It's slid into the toilet and got drenched/wrecked/ruined. Yes, both times I was royally inebriated!

That happened to me three times with the work phone. I look after my own phones, havet killed any yet. I have a HTC at the moment and I did drop it a few times but nothing has happened to it. I had one stolen...and one lost. We just got off the coach at Luton airport and I gave my phone to my boyfriend to put in his pocket as we were in a  bit of a hurry gettign off and checking in and I didnt wanna open my mahussive bag to put it in there...half an hour later I wanted to text my mum that we checked in and the plane was on time....asked my boyfirend for my phone, he reached in his pocket....the phone wasnt there. It fell out somewhere didnt it...I was so angry with myself because I did like that phone. I keep my phones on me since then....

Posted 5 Feb 2012
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Death? Even the battery on my phone never seems to die - it can live for two months on standby.

It can also be dropped from higher than I can safely fall without a parachute and be submerged deeper than I can dive!

Bob
Posted 5 Feb 2012
Edited by Bob 5 Feb 2012
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
kinda related
Posted 5 Feb 2012
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Waterproof for 30 mins underwater, ok for 1 metre drop onto concrete, cheap to buy. I only swap to a smartphone when I'm travelling - I kill them very quickly.
Posted 5 Feb 2012
Funny this thread is up, after almost 2 years of dropping my HTC Desire the screen finally smashed on me the other day it was still perfectly usable, it is currently being repaired! I need my mobile ... I need it for Sat Nav more than anything . Hope to get it back in the next few days
Posted 5 Feb 2012
Working in a mobile phone shop Ive seen everything, 10 tonne trucks running over iPhones, sailors being knocked off balance and losing them over the side, but the most unlucky instance was when a customer was literally just outside the door of the shop, turned to thank us, and somebody ran into her, it was like slow-mo.. and needless to say - because it was an IPhone, one of the weakest phones on the market - it cracked in 5 places. There is a lesson to be learnt here...dont buy an iPhone .
Posted 5 Feb 2012
Einstein
Photographer
Einstein
  • One fell out of my shirt pocket whilst flushing. Thanks to some Ninja-like reactions I got it before it went round the bend. And still worked!

• At work couldn't find my personal phone. Went back onto the yard to find a 44 tonner had gone over it. I had the world's slimmest phone, even by today's standards!

• Current phone cost £40 6 years ago. Phones, texts, bluetooth, colour screen, a week's charge. Alas the keypad is falling to pieces and it's gotta go! RIP NEC.

Posted 6 Feb 2012
I've dropped my phone on my face many a time

Posted 25 Feb 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join