Merged : Old Profiles

Merged : Old Profiles

48 posts
2 Nov 2011
Keith1
Photographer
Keith1
kenp

Should the same apply to photographers or just the little women?

Little women? No I meant all heights

Posted 10 Nov 2011
Edited by Keith1 10 Nov 2011
[ Merged : Members who are not active. ]

Can purestorm try to remove members who are no longer active.

Another site of which I was a member emailed me as I had not signed in to the site in over a year asking me if I wanted to leave.

I asked them to remove me.

Perhaps Purestorm could email non active members asking them if they wished their accounts closed.

If the person asked for the account to be closed then the accounts can be closed, if their is no reply then the accounts are suspended incase the person wishes to join again.

If the person is still interested then this may bring them back to the site.
Posted 19 Dec 2011
Edited by ForumModerator 19 Dec 2011
It's already been said before but having so many members, active or not, is good for the site's stats.

Posted 19 Dec 2011
Edited by Redmond_Photography 19 Dec 2011
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
It's been covered many times before, David.
Many of the members only use it to host their images, and generally have no need to log in.......it's their choice

Posted 19 Dec 2011
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
The T&C's should be changed to a use it or lose it policy, even if it means you have to log in once every year it will purge an awful lot of dormant profiles.

Posted 19 Dec 2011
DJ200
Photographer
DJ200
+1...purge 'em.

Posted 19 Dec 2011
Sorry chaps I had not realised that it has been covered before.
It just came to my attenton just now when I did a search of the local area and saw members who had not signed in for years.
Never thought about the site stats.

Cheers

Posted 19 Dec 2011
RedChecker

The T&C's should be changed to a use it or lose it policy, even if it means you have to log in once every year it will purge an awful lot of dormant profiles.

I agree with this.
Posted 19 Dec 2011
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Surely the log-in stat is a key guide when searching and can't you search by last log anyway!

Posted 19 Dec 2011
Those of us who are regulars on PS know how to sort out the real models from the rest but we forget that newcomers join and don't understand the system. I know fot gos who have joined and discovewred a hundred or more models in their county and thus fired off job offers to the ones they like or are nearby. They don't understand that the models have not logged in for months and that of the hundred profiles only a handful are actively seeking work.
Now when you send a PM the model(or tog) gets an email saying their is a message on the site for them. If they are so disinterested that they do not log in and read the message then do they deserve to be here?
I have to say I don't get the "portfolio hosting" concept. It's only 6 photos and if I wanted to show off lots of photos there are plenty of sites like Flickr that allow unlimited number of shots.
When you set up a profile you have to tick the work areas that you are interested in. If you don't actually want to work you should not tick anyon of then surely? I think 99% of the dead profiles are either there because the girl can't be bothered to delete it or she links it to her FaceBook page to tell her pals she is a model.

Posted 14 Jan 2012
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Don't you have another record in your collection? You've been playing this one to death for as long as I can remember.
Bob
Posted 14 Jan 2012
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Bob

Don't you have another record in your collection? You've been playing this one to death for as long as I can remember.

The old ones are the best though!
Posted 14 Jan 2012
GaryWallace
Photographer
GaryWallace
DerwentPromotions

I know fot gos who have joined and discovewred a hundred or more models in their county and thus fired off job offers to the ones they like or are nearby. They don't understand that the models have not logged in for months and that of the hundred profiles only a handful are actively seeking work. .

They are stupid then, there is a clearly displayed indication of when anyone joined, updated or last logged on. If they cannot work that out maybe they shouldnt be allowed out.
Posted 14 Jan 2012
WebModerator

Matt has intimated several times that on space grounds there is no need to "clean up" the database.

All members are able to view Date Joined / Last Updated / Last Login dates on every profile.
All members can Search using chronological  Joined / Updated / Login statistics (ranked by Upgrade).
Gold and Platinum members can also view intitial contact message Reply Rates.
From this it should be possible to see if the member is active or just using the site for portfolio hosting.

Posted 14 Jan 2012
Edited by ForumModerator 14 Jan 2012
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
I agree, less than 9 shots in two and a bit years clear them out!!!!! They just clog up the system.

Posted 14 Jan 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join