It seems this conversation has now been locked
21 posts
27 Aug 2011
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
From my Modelmayhem profile:
"Anyone under 18 must bring a parent (and we won't be shooting nudes)."

Nobody under 18 on Purestorm - so I have this: " I will also always need to see proof that you are over 18 before shooting (driving licence or passport), and I will take a photo of you holding the passport and the model release."

Useful thread here about under 18s:
Posted 27 Aug 2011
Edited by ForumModerator 27 Aug 2011
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Nothing 'alledged' about it. I shoot under 18's on a regular basis.
Posted 27 Aug 2011
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
ForumModerator

Purestorm policy is that applicants must be over-18 to be accepted for Purestorm membership.
Photographer registrants should not upload images of under-18s to their submission.
The occasional parent & child image is acceptable on an accepted member's portfolio.
Uploading of inappropriate images of under-18s to a portfolio is a Suspension offence.

Special exceptions have been made in the past to allow professional child models (i.e. LEA-approved) to be featured in member's portfolios.

Your site. Your rules. So I have to accept them.  But...

In the case of the pic I posted earlier, although the model was sixteen at the time the pic was taken, everything was done by the book - no pics of an inappropriate nature were taken and her father was present throughout the shoot. So I don't think anyone would have any grounds for complaint about any of the pics from that shoot. So is there no scope for the proprietors of PS to exercise discretion when it comes to pics of under 18s?
Posted 27 Aug 2011
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
orsoncarter
...is there no scope for the proprietors of PS to exercise discretion when it comes to pics of under 18s?
I think you've probably got enough good pictures to choose from without including any under 18s.
Posted 27 Aug 2011
ARCADIA_IMAGES
Photographer
ARCADIA_IMAGES
ForumModerator

Purestorm policy is that applicants must be over-18 to be accepted for Purestorm membership.
Photographer #4b0082">registrants should not upload images of under-18s to their submission.
The occasional parent & child image is acceptable on an accepted member's portfolio.
Uploading of inappropriate images of under-18s to a portfolio is a Suspension offence.

Special exceptions have been made in the past to allow professional child models (i.e. LEA-approved) to be featured in member's portfolios.

THERE we go the definitive sensible answer many thanks.

[ Thread Locked and moved to Common Questions for future reference]
Posted 27 Aug 2011
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
orsoncarter

Your site. Your rules. So I have to accept them.  But...

In the case of the pic I posted earlier, although the model was sixteen at the time the pic was taken, everything was done by the book - no pics of an inappropriate nature were taken and her father was present throughout the shoot. So I don't think anyone would have any grounds for complaint about any of the pics from that shoot. So is there no scope for the proprietors of PS to exercise discretion when it comes to pics of under 18s?

Doh!!!!

Thanks to the mods, not only for clarifying things on this thread, but also for the PM. I apologise - I mistakenly interpreted the word 'registrant' as someone who was already registered.

Posted 27 Aug 2011
It seems this conversation has now been locked