Exercise help needed!

Exercise help needed!

18 posts
5 March 2011
flobelob
Photographer
flobelob
Rowing machine might be a good idea, especially the ones that use 'proper' water and paddles in a tank. They are expensive to buy but some gyms and community facilities, if there are any left after Dave's cuts.

Posted 9 March 2011
Thanks Mimi. I am actually quite heavy for my height, so I think I will try and lose some weight to see if it makes any difference. My knees and hops dislocate - but not fully - and generally go straight back in but they have been doing it far more frequently and Ive been getting trapped nerves which are causing more pain than the dislocation itself. Think I will take a trip to the doctors and see what they say. Gary - You're a mean mean man! Russ - Ive tried rowing on a normal rowing machine in the past and as soon as I pushed back my knee popped out of joint, although I possible wasnt using it properly
Posted 9 March 2011
Gordee
Photographer
Gordee
If being double jointed is a problem, then pilates can be useful as it focuses on control of movement and targets the muscles that provide stability. Although finding a class can be difficult.

Swimming can be fine, but stay away from a breast-stroke kick as that often gives rise to knee problems if your ligaments are a bit loose.

Posted 8 April 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join