MUA's How do you do it?

MUA's How do you do it?

20 posts
18 Oct 2007
echocolat
Make Up Artist
echocolat
make_up_artists

has anybody else heard about this 'photoshop make-up' malarkie??? aparently photographers are adding all of the make-up on after the shoot with the newist photoshop!!!!

tongue3

I hate this!!! lol  Yeah have heard of this being used quite a bit!  Thing is, it will never "make up" (couldn't resist the pun) for what they lack in make up.  Well, in my humble opinion anyway! lol emoticon
Posted 9 March 2009
PaintUpPowderUp
Make Up Artist
PaintUpPowderUp
Hello everyone. *new forum user*

I too have seen a few examples of photoshopped makeup, - some horrendous and actually uploaded by makeup "artists" where theyve drawn on the eyeliner with the pencil tool, or coloured in the lips - and had comments on the photos where no one seems to have noticed!!

However have also seen examples by photographers which have been to a very high standard - (ive just spent ages trying to find this one example I had in mind but its disappeared!) - buuuuut, there had been a mua, and the photographer had photoshopped a design down the models cheek and neck. So her work wasnt touched, just soemthing extra added, which did look very good.

The photos provided above - they all look believable apart from the bottom two... however the poster did say 'achieved at a very basic level' - so yeah maybe its time to start worrying! haha

Posted 13 Sep 2009
ProMakeupMichelle
Make Up Artist
ProMakeupMichelle
hiya Claire, I always do a minimum booking rate ie. £*** (up to 3hrs) then give my rates as per. - up for 6hr) Full day (up to 8hrs) + £?? per extra hour over 8hrs Unless they originally state 12hours for music vid or film or tv i'll give them an up front figure without giving my 3hr/6hr/8hr rates. Hope that makes sense
Posted 14 Sep 2009
jesi
Make Up Artist
jesi
I charge per hour and depending on how far I have to travel, usually state a minimum of a 4 hour booking.  TV commercial work is sometimes different as they have their budget and usually offer thier rate for the shoot and you can either accept or not.

I absolutely hate it when models go and change their make up just before going on set and expect me not to notice!  I turn into the incredible hulk when that happens, lol!
Posted 14 Sep 2009
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipman
Hi Everyone, I asked this on: Thursday, October 18, 2007 10:55 PM Someone seems to have bumped it back upto the top, im ll sorted but thanks for the replies lol
Posted 14 Sep 2009
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join