( yet another chaperone thread ) ">health reasons ( yet another chaperone thre...

health reasons ( yet another chaperone thread )

67 posts
17 Aug 2009
whicker
Photographer
whicker
xdeex

ps i am very honest when i meet the photographers or arrange a shoot but this guy we was talking of shooting but we didnt get round to it as he blocked me

You mention clearly your chaperone policy on your profile, so a photographer discussing a shoot with you should be aware of that.
Posted 17 Aug 2009
This is a topic that really baffles me, fortunately i have never myself came across a photographer who has a problem with a chaperone, but my sister has. I personally agree with Redchecker and believe it to be completely egotistical of the photographer, and as Studioboy pointed out, yes the photographer will have to deal with numerous ppl such as stylists, MUA etc if doing a commissioned shoot. Also i think it just highlights how talented a photographer is he can still produce amazing pics and is not easily distracted from someone sitting in a corner. Furthermore on every shoot I have been on the tog has actually been grateful for an extra pair of hands to move sets around, as it is usually a male I bring with me. and finally. Surely photographers are just at as much risk, i know togs who like to bring someone with them on shoots because as horrible as it is, surely they can be at risk too, meeting with a complete stranger, there is just as much possibility of a girl claiming things about the tog and therefore risking his own reputation.

But anyway, i think you have been shown much support here Debbie and i hope it has not put u off

Posted 17 Aug 2009
whicker
Photographer
whicker
siobhans555

This is a topic that really baffles me, fortunately i have never myself came across a photographer who has a problem with a chaperone, but my sister has.

Well, just as some models will request chaperones, some photographers prefere that the model is happy working without a chaperone present. I'd say it's all good as long as people make their policy clear on their profile, then there is no confusion/argument etc.

Posted 17 Aug 2009
Personally I think that any 'tog' that says no to chaperone in the first place is a bit iffy!

after all... YOU are going to meet someone who youve never met before and in any other circumstancess would you do this? No. (i hope)

Some photographers may get a bit offended by this, as they might think youre implying that you dont trust them.

But when a 'tog' says no to bringing a chaperone when you state a health problem. That is something that would make me wonder about him/her.

And as he felt the need to block you over this... it ssuggests to me that he is either very worried about models bringing chaperones or he is deeply offended by your request to bring a chaperone.

He may also think you lied about your health just so you were able to bring a chaperone :S

go with your gut instinct. And mine would be that somethings not right.

Posted 17 Aug 2009
Neill5409
Photographer
Neill5409
I have had a shoot with Dee and her Chaperone was not a problem, in fact I hardly knew she was there at all. For anyone thinking of using Dee I can recommend her work ethic and enthusiasm and the 'health issue' was not an issue at all, in fact if she had not mentioned it in our communication I would have been 'none the wiser'. I personally don't understand this 'no chaperone issue' issue at all!

Posted 17 Aug 2009
TMG
Photographer
TMG
And so it begins . . . 

and they won't be able to merge this one because here's no room left on the header.
Posted 17 Aug 2009
whicker
Photographer
whicker
KatielouiseArmstrong

Personally I think that any 'tog' that says no to chaperone in the first place is a bit iffy! 

Oh no they arn't ....

Join in, we all know the words..
Posted 17 Aug 2009
JohnE
Photographer
JohnE
KatielouiseArmstrong

Personally I think that any 'tog' that says no to chaperone in the first place is a bit iffy!after all... YOU are going to meet someone who youve never met before and in any other circumstancess would you do this? No. (i hope)Some photographers may get a bit offended by this, as they might think youre implying that you dont trust them.But when a 'tog' says no to bringing a chaperone when you state a health problem. That is something that would make me wonder about him/her.And as he felt the need to block you over this... it ssuggests to me that he is either very worried about models bringing chaperones or he is deeply offended by your request to bring a chaperone.He may also think you lied about your health just so you were able to bring a chaperone :Sgo with your gut instinct. And mine would be that somethings not right.

Hi katie
Just curious if you took a chaperone with you last week when some chap took some pictures of you , a chap who states on his profile he prefers not to have chaperones ? 
Posted 17 Aug 2009
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat
TMG

And so it begins . . . 

and they won't be able to merge this one because here's no room left on the header.

Ha - sooner or later the header will be longer than the thread.
Posted 17 Aug 2009
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
to be fair i think it sometimes makes togs suspicious whether they are being told the truth when people say they need a chaparone because of health reasons, out of respect you should tell the photographer you are going to be working with your reason in confidence that he will keep it to him self, so that he is aware what is wrong if something goes wrong instead of being shocked and not knowing what to do, there can only be so many things that you need someone with you day and night, theres nothing to be embarrased / ashamed about you wont be the only one with the health problem, i feel that if you just explained the situation to togs they would be far more open to working with you.

just my opinion please dont take it the wrong way

Best wishes
JD

Posted 17 Aug 2009
TMG
Photographer
TMG
KatielouiseArmstrong

Bang on the money. It never fails to amaze when togs don't appreciate the value a good chaperone can bring to the shoot. Personally, I find that one chaperone isn't really enough. Two, or better three, is just about right to get the most out of a shoot.

Posted 17 Aug 2009
Edited by TMG 17 Aug 2009
simonpaul

So Debbie, move on. Whatever your health reasons are you'll have to accept that some people will be accommodating to your new needs and some won't. You can't change people, so don't waste your energy even thinking about it. Some togs will work with chaperones around, some won't. Some togs will get scared about your health issues some won't Just find the ones that will and move quickly past those that won't.

I dont get photographers somtimes!!
If your Chaperone is not going to be a pain in the arse, put you off etc.. I dont see the problem!!

If he has a professional attaitude towards photography then whats the problem with an "extra " person being near by and not interfering with the shoot?

Pro photogs have plenty of people present  through out a shoot , with their mua's ,helpers, stylist and they aint put off by them .

Most Photographers I know encourage Chaperones,

Forget about it.Stick to what makes you feel comfortable.
Posted 17 Aug 2009
whicker
Photographer
whicker
TMG

Bang on the money. It never fails to amaze when togs don't appreciate the value a good chaperone can bring to the shoot. Personally, I find that one chaperone isn't really enough. Two, or better three, is just about right to get the most out of a shoot.

Yeah, a model may want to bring her boyfriend, who is already giving Dazza a lift so he may as well come too. Dazza's mum might as well come, and she needs a chaperone at her age (29) , so her mum's new boyfriend might want to come to. They were need too [sic] cars, so the travel expense must be covered by the photographer.
Posted 17 Aug 2009
well im sorry but here is my nursey bit coming up....... this girl has health problems how many of you would know what to do if she had say an epileptic seizure!, this girl is trying to still work where as she could be a lazy cow sit at home on disability,,,, so i say whats wrong with someone who can assist her should she need help because i can bet my bottom dollar a lot of you would keel over with a myocardial infarction if this girl needed help in the middle of no where and you had no clue what to do.

Posted 17 Aug 2009
TMG
Photographer
TMG
whicker

Yeah, a model may want to bring her boyfriend, who is already giving Dazza a lift so he may as well come too. Dazza's mum might as well come, and she needs a chaperone at her age (29) , so her mum's new boyfriend might want to come to. They were need too [sic] cars, so the travel expense must be covered by the photographer.

S'right. In fact, it's only the really evil togs what won't lease a bus to bring the extended family along.

Posted 17 Aug 2009
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join
Rss Feed