Photographer
TeddyB
I just love the forums. Arn't they fun? Ted
Posted 20 Aug 2014
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
RedChecker

For Christ's sake don't forget make-up artists as well.

And artists too (Oli snaps a crayon in two). 
Posted 20 Aug 2014
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
cziiki
Sounds great, a nice site that lets models, MUAs, photographers and artists network, sort of LinkedIn for the creative arts. No Mr Angrys just nice talented people. Hmmm.
artistoli
And artists too (Oli snaps a crayon in two). 
Yer I put artists already. But you can never stick that pastel back together!
Posted 20 Aug 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
cziiki

Some of its forums rather seem to be a sounding board for red faced Mr Angrys in the last weeks before their heart attacks.

Really? On Purestorm? Have you perused the forums elsewhere of late?

By comparison the forums on here are more of an oasis of serenity and tranquillity with most of the ranters, and rantresses, making total sphincters of themselves over on the other place.

Bob cheeky

Posted 20 Aug 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
Bob

Really? On Purestorm? Have you perused the forums elsewhere of late?

By comparison the forums on here are more of an oasis of serenity and tranquillity with most of the ranters, and rantresses, making total sphincters of themselves over on the other place.

Bob cheeky

Indeed - though with only 3 posts a week here ........................... 
Posted 20 Aug 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
mph

Indeed - though with only 3 posts a week here 

But what is more important? Joining in a public bunfight in forums with drama llamas and donkey knights or just getting on with organising shoots with a core of reliable models ... or with photographers if you are that way inclined?
Bob

Posted 20 Aug 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Bob

But what is more important? Joining in a public bunfight in forums with drama llamas and donkey knights or just getting on with organising shoots with a core of reliable models ... or with photographers if you are that way inclined?
Bob

You do have a point. Having placed an extremely short notice casting for a model at around 2pm this afternoon I'm delighted to say that I was spoilt for choice - and the model I chose has just left
Posted 20 Aug 2014
MG
Photographer
MG
Just out of interest the other week I went through the casting calls and looked at last years dates to this years. I picked random dates and each date there was around about the same number of casting calls on the same dates this time last year to this time this year. I know this site is a little dated now compared to PP but if you want to a reminder that it's by far not the worst site out there go and have a quick look at net-model If you want forums and you want to 'have a giraffe' then the PP is the site for you. If you want no nonsense browsing of casting calls and fairly quiet forums then come over here or alternatively you could just use your tab button on your browser and have the best of both worlds...? Just a thought As for moderators... You'll find both good and bad both sides of the fence I should think...
Posted 21 Aug 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
Bob

Bob

Indeed - but we were talking about forum behaviour...............laugh

Anyway - I don't think Jules is on here................... wink
Posted 21 Aug 2014
Edited by mph 21 Aug 2014
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
MG

Just out of interest the other week I went through the casting calls and looked at last years dates to this years. I picked random dates and each date there was around about the same number of casting calls on the same dates this time last year to this time this year. I know this site is a little dated now compared to PP but if you want to a reminder that it's by far not the worst site out there go and have a quick look at net-model If you want forums and you want to 'have a giraffe' then the PP is the site for you. If you want no nonsense browsing of casting calls and fairly quiet forums then come over here or alternatively you could just use your tab button on your browser and have the best of both worlds...? Just a thought As for moderators... You'll find both good and bad both sides of the fence I should think...

It's true... the quickest 'flash-to-bang' when setting up a shoot has always been achieved on here... 3 hours from casting to hitting the shutter button...
I prefer the one-stop-shop though, especially as I know most people I interact with are present on all the main sites in the UK...

Posted 21 Aug 2014
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
mph

I don't think Jules is on here

I knew there was a reason why I like PS more than PP.

Posted 21 Aug 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
PHP_Photography

smiley
Posted 21 Aug 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
PHP_Photography

I thought he was one of the few remaining regular forum posters there with any substance or credibility. IMO he deserves a medal for perseverance.
Posted 21 Aug 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 21 Aug 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join