Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has...

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

178 posts
21 Jan 2014
jivago
Photographer
jivago
tarmoo

I don't know where you are getting the impression that PS is the only site where models get booked. You have four models references for 2013 on your PS portfolio. If you check out the number of references these models have gathered in the last year on PS and PP the results are as follows:

Jade_Isabella: (platinum member), PS 18, PP 99
Sami_C : (gold member), PS 18, PP 18
Lulu Lockhart: (gold member), PS 26, PP 130
Annica_Janee: (free member), PS 20, PP 5

Draw your own conclusions from the above stats.

oh mahooooooosive YAWN! So references correlate with shoots? Get Real! As photographers and models get to know each other, there is less and less need for that stuff - Pure Storm is a more mature established site. If you like the look and feel of the playground outside of the local art school - Take up your filters and travel - And don'ft forget to "foillow' the site owner sad
Posted 1 Feb 2014
jivago
Photographer
jivago
tarmoo

I usually book between 40 and 50 models each year for paid shoots.

"Try photography, dear boy...it's much easier." - With apologies to Sir Ralph Richardson

Posted 1 Feb 2014
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
jivago

"Try photography, dear boy...it's much easier." - With apologies to Sir Ralph Richardson

With only eight references in five years (last being way back in 2012), you don't seem to be doing much model photography yourself. If you only upload a mahooooosive one photo a year, you are not making much use of your Platinum membership either.
Posted 1 Feb 2014
jivago
Photographer
jivago
tarmoo

With only eight references in five years (last being way back in 2012), you don't seem to be doing much model photography yourself. If you only upload a mahooooosive one photo a year, you are not making much use of your Platinum membership either.

How do you know? - But your point is? (Dear boy)
Posted 1 Feb 2014
tarmoo

Thing is though if Jivago really wanted he could just go to a massive waste of time groupshoot and amass 10 references (if he really wanted to).

Take my portfolio for example, I only got a handful of references on this site last year - do you think I only had a handful of shoots? Far from it, I have found that the longer i have been modelling the less I need to "whore" myself out with casting after casting - or badger people to book me. Most of the people I work with is either repeat bookings or its people who have been directed to me from somebody else (many of which don't join forums like this). Then again I don't work 7 days a week and I rarely leave Scotland now and when i do its generally repeat bookings.

I have quite a few references in Net- model - none within the past 2/3/4 years (Its been so long since I actually took any notice of them). I know some people like to collect references as said above its fairly easy for a model - I worked at a groupshoot once, and if every photographer who attended left me a reference I could have gained 27 references  in the space of a day.. if I did that 4 days in a row I could easily have about as many references as I do now. I think only 2 or 3 left me references from that shoot but I'm sure quite a lot of references are "gathered" in that way. Personally If I was a photographer I would rather see a reference left for a model from somebody who has worked with her right from the planning stages - the turning up and the shoot itself. 

Oh and just for "statistical purposes" I think I had about 30 refs on PP before I left, and not one of those references left were shoots which were organisd on PP. I think I did book a shoot through PP and the guy cancelled on me a few days before the shoot, last year I actually got more work on madcow models after uploading a few pictures than I did after posting a casting on PP. Might be different for Scotland but it wasn't any financial loss to me when I left. 
Posted 1 Feb 2014
Edited by Chrissie_Red 1 Feb 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I think what Tarmoo's trying to say (albeit very badly) is that if more of us booked models through here then there'd be more of an incentive for models to use this site.
Posted 1 Feb 2014
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
jivago

think it's more apologies to Lawrence Olivier .
Posted 1 Feb 2014
Edited by ForumModerator 1 Feb 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
tarmoo

I don't know where you are getting the impression that PS is the only site where models get booked. You have four models references for 2013 on your PS portfolio. If you check out the number of references these models have gathered in the last year on PS and PP the results are as follows:
Jade_Isabella: (platinum member), PS 18, PP 99
Sami_C : (gold member), PS 18, PP 18
Lulu Lockhart: (gold member), PS 26, PP 130
Annica_Janee: (free member), PS 20, PP 5
Draw your own conclusions from the above stats.

Your posts seem to get less and less related to what I or anyone else said.
Your obsession with poster's profiles and references is at best tedious and is beginning to look deranged.

I neither 'collect' references nor feel the need to brag about how many models I shoot with.
Chrissie seems to have made several valuable points, which I won't repeat.

I'm surprised that you have time to post here with you being so busy shooting models and posting on pp.
Posted 1 Feb 2014
Edited by ForumModerator 1 Feb 2014
davidhibberd
Photographer
davidhibberd
stolenfaces

Your posts seem to get less and less related to what I or anyone else said. Your obsession with poster's profiles and references is at best tedious and is beginning to look deranged. I neither 'collect' references nor feel the need to brag about how many models I shoot with. Chrissie seems to have made several valuable points, which I won't repeat. I'm surprised that you have time to post here with you being so busy shooting models and posting on pp.

Totally agree
Posted 1 Feb 2014
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
Just an observation, at 16th page might appear" reports of death greatly exaggerated", with acknowledgement to Mark Twain.

Posted 1 Feb 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
magpie1
Just an observation, at 16th page might appear" reports of death greatly exaggerated", with acknowledgement to Mark Twain.
Fair point
Posted 1 Feb 2014
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Urghh.. so much for me trying out the 'other site starting with P'. Booked a well-published model for a well-paid shoot (producing images for a patron of mine), organised all in good time too. Then I get a message an hour before the shoot start time saying she couldn't make it because "she had too much to drink the night before." Wow. I'm staggered to be honest. Never had a model display such a brazenly unprofessional work ethic on Purestorm. Really, I despair.
Posted 2 Feb 2014
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
She was probably still drunk, so didn't care about what she said.

Posted 2 Feb 2014
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
johnlp

She was probably still drunk, so didn't care about what she said.

Lol, very likely. Seriously though, we have so many threads from models complaining about lack of paid work, and then when you do put it out there this happens. Could easily turn me into a Victor Meldrew. 
Posted 2 Feb 2014
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Wow, so then I leave this girl negative feedback and she starts arguing with me and getting people to email me. Seems some just don't get the way its supposed to work. Have to say this is +1 for Purestorm. Never had problems like this here. I'm kind of thinking that maybe the other 'P' site is so busy and 'vibrant' because it has lots more people but most aren't really serious. Is that anyone else's experience? I mean I may just have been unlucky on the other site and lucky on here, but the vast majority of experiences with models from Purestorm have been stress free, then the first one from the other site turns into a ridiculous farce.

Posted 2 Feb 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join