Chaperones

It seems this conversation has now been locked
176 posts
3 Aug 2011
TMG
My own view on people who post that kind of thing is that they are just advertising their working preferences. Quite frankly you are welcome to hoover up any models  thick enough to fall for that kind of drivel.
Thanks so much for that
Posted 6 Aug 2011
VNPhotography
Photographer
VNPhotography
jadefinnecy

Sucks your 3 hrs away i would love to have a shoot with someone as understanding as you

Bit booked for August.. perhaps Sept/oct we could meet half way at the new forest and do a location shoot?
Posted 6 Aug 2011
awomanatwork
Photographer
awomanatwork
VNPhotography .... what a whole load of crap !

jadefinnecy

Why does it have to be about a safety thing. ok so yes there is the risk and it makes you feel more secure but for me, i would like my fella there so that i dont have to tell him all about it later lol Plus there might be an agreement with a partner that you could model but only if they came along because they are worried. Same goes with friends and parents. My mum would go ape if she new went to a stranger to have pictures taken in a place i didnt know with someone i didnt know. Thats not me being offensive to the photographer thats keeping my mum happy. I think if your a trust worthy photographer and the chaperone is only there to watch not interject and is trust worthy themselves then it shouldnt be an issue. I'm new to all this myself, thats just my CURRENT opinion. To be fair that may change with time, but for now i'd like my partner present. I havent had any problems finding photographers that aren't willing to have my partner present. I'll let you know how the pictures come out lol 

Please don't take my reply the wrong way Jade, I don't mean it to sound rude. The issues you have stated are your own - nothing to do with the photographer. If there is an agreement with a boyfriend / friend / parent ... ie you can only model if I'm there ... why ? ( if safety is not an issue) .... what if the boyfriend says "I don't want you doing modelling"  ... and you have a shoot programmed for the next day  ?  
I don't allow chaperons at my shoots - and never will. My decision is based on a bad experiences in my early years that cost me heavily (all because I wrongly thought chaperones wouldn't be an issue). My work place is for me and the model / s

I personally don't care how helpful a model thinks a chaperon  will be.

As Jes say's If you want a chaperone (and that is your prerogative) and I don't (and that's my choice) ... then theres  no shoot ....... so there is no problem 
Posted 6 Aug 2011
Edited by awomanatwork 6 Aug 2011
TMG
Photographer
TMG
jadefinnecy

Thanks so much for that

You're more than welcome. 
Posted 6 Aug 2011
VNPhotography
Photographer
VNPhotography
TMG

My own view on people who post that kind of thing is that they are just advertising their working preferences. Quite frankly you are welcome to hoover up any models  thick enough to fall for that kind of drivel.

Hey.. that didnt take long.. a quick check and yup falls into category 3 Glad to not be working with you any time soon. I was voicing my opinion to the OP and the development of the thread. Not advertising. This is one of the reasons I tend to stay away from Forums.. 
Posted 6 Aug 2011
VNPhotography
Photographer
VNPhotography
awomanatwork

VNPhotography .... what a whole load of crap !

Wow making friends at school already, my mum would be so proud.
Posted 6 Aug 2011
Edited by VNPhotography 6 Aug 2011
TMG
Photographer
TMG
VNPhotography

Hey.. that didnt take long.. a quick check and yup falls into category 3 Glad to not be working with you any time soon. I was voicing my opinion to the OP and the development of the thread. Not advertising. This is one of the reasons I tend to stay away from Forums.. 

No, you should post more.  There isn't enough self righteous crap posted on the internet.
Posted 6 Aug 2011
VNPhotography
Photographer
VNPhotography
TMG

No, you should post more.  There isn't enough self righteous crap posted on the internet.

See thats what I was thinking.. wow I have not laughed so much for a while.
Posted 7 Aug 2011
jadefinnecy
Model
jadefinnecy
awomanatwork
VNPhotography .... what a whole load of crap ! Please don't take my reply the wrong way Jade, I don't mean it to sound rude. The issues you have stated are your own - nothing to do with the photographer. If there is an agreement with a boyfriend / friend / parent ... ie you can only model if I'm there ... why ? ( if safety is not an issue) .... what if the boyfriend says "I don't want you doing modelling"  ... and you have a shoot programmed for the next day  ?   I don't allow chaperons at my shoots - and never will. My decision is based on a bad experiences in my early years that cost me heavily (all because I wrongly thought chaperones wouldn't be an issue). My work place is for me and the model / s I personally don't care how helpful a model thinks a chaperon  will be. As Jes say's If you want a chaperone (and that is your prerogative) and I don't (and that's my choice) ... then theres  no shoot ....... so there is no problem 
It could be a number of reasons, a mother wanting to make sure her daughter doesnt do something she later regrets. I dunno like getting topless because she thinks thats what the photographer wants. A boyfriend that is a little jealous of another person seeing his girlfriend naked and would feel more comfortable being there. A friend thats there for moral support if its a models first few shoots. I agree that for the photographer it has a risk if a chaperone is there, as has been said men that get mad, mums that interupt, friends that steal. I understand that but sometimes risks have to be taken, as with models sometimes a chaperone cannot be present, but if it is acceptable then why not. I'm not suggesting that a photographer should be out of his/her comfort zone but the same bounds should be given for the model. I think if a compromise can be met then it benifits everyone??
Posted 7 Aug 2011
TMG
Photographer
TMG
VNPhotography

See thats what I was thinking.. wow I have not laughed so much for a while.

Great. I always think a sense of humour is a saving grace. Good to see you have one.
Posted 7 Aug 2011
VNPhotography
Photographer
VNPhotography
As fun as this is I am off. Got a Maternity shoot followed by a family port session so now i am all charged, packed and prepped I am off. 

Still in awe at the levels of self satisfaction that exist in all walks of life, not least in the world of photography. Just agree to disagree and consider yourself lucky not to have to work with the "OTHER SIDE" if I where a model I wouldn't care for such an attitude, nor if I where that way inclined as a photographer would I be comfortable shooting a model that was not happy and relaxed.

No point falling out over it. lifes to bloody short, just leaves more models for me  
Posted 7 Aug 2011
VNPhotography
Photographer
VNPhotography
TMG

Great. I always think a sense of humour is a saving grace. Good to see you have one.

I need one.. there is a reason I am behind the camera
Posted 7 Aug 2011
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
jadefinnecy

if a compromise can be met ......

then the shoot goes ahead.
And if it cannot, there is no shoot.
As far as I am aware, it has not become compulsory to book models or photographers on here.

Some seem to have trouble getting shoots and they should look to their own ability and work instead of trying to change others

Posted 7 Aug 2011
TMG
Photographer
TMG
VNPhotography

just leaves more models for me  

If you say so. Have fun.
Posted 7 Aug 2011
awomanatwork
Photographer
awomanatwork
Jade I really appreciate the respect you have for your friends and family.
VNPhotography has mis informed you of the other reasons a for a  photographer / videographer does not wanting a chaperone.
In my case I employ several models from this site for video work ... it is crucial that I have absolute silence in my work place.  So no one who doesn't need to be there ... won't be there. It's a professional decision.
I fully respect your feelings Jade, I honestly do ... but my work and my working environment and so important to me in getting a good job done. As I am the one paying then its my decision.
Again, may I apologise if this has came across rude ... Its not meant to
Posted 7 Aug 2011
It seems this conversation has now been locked
Rss Feed