Page 3 Models' rates of pay

Page 3 Models' rates of pay

9 posts
28 Jan 2009
photomane9
Photographer
photomane9
A thread yesterday quoted an aspiring model's rates as being upwards of £130 per hour for topless. Several posters commented on the unrealistic nature (delusional was the word I believe) of  this figure. So, just to encourage those starting out on a modelling career here are some figures taken from a site called Simply-Gorgeous.com which follows the careers of some of the Page 3 and Lad's mags models.

";">The Numbers - What Models Get Paid
During the course of the BBC TV 8-part documentary Glamour Girls screened last year, a lot of figures were given about how much Page 3 girls can earn, and some of their costs. Here are some of the numbers that were quoted during this series (and in the press and some other recent TV programs):

Yearly earnings:

* Page 3 girls earn from around £12,000 per year.
* Kitty Lea earned £30,000 in her first year as a Page 3 girl.
* The more popular Page 3 girls can earn up to £100,000 a year.
* The top Page 3 girls, such as Keeley, can earn a lot more than that.
* Abi Titmuss earned around £1M per year at the height of her popularity.

Earnings for photoshoots:

* Jenna gets £180 for each Page 3 photoshoot.
* Girls get between £300 and £1,500 for a Nuts photoshoot, depending on whether the shoot is used for the cover, and occasionally much more.
* Page 3 girls can get upto £4,000 for a magazine cover shoot for the monthly lads mags, Maxim or FHM.
* Abi Titmuss earned £20,000 for a day's photoshoot for Nuts/ZOO.
* ZOO paid £45,000 for a cover photoshoot of Orlaith McAlister, just after she came out of the Big Brother house.
* Page 3 girl Katie Richmond was offered £250,000 for a Playboy photoshoot.

Earnings for personal appearances:

* Katie Downes was paid £300 for a 2-hour personal appearance, opening a music store.
* Katie Downes and Rhian Sugden were each paid £500 for a day-long personal appearance, signing autographs.
* Rhian charges £10 for an autograph.

Costs:

* Katie Hart was told that to get a good set of pictures for her portfolio could cost her £1,000.
* Anna Taverner paid a photographer £1,000 for 6 images to add to her portfolio.
* Amanda Harrington spent £2,000 on a trip to the US to do test shoots for the US market.

Top earner:

* Jordan is worth £60M (most of that from books and appearances, etc).

Posted 28 Jan 2009
Edited by photomane9 28 Jan 2009
jimbojetset
Photographer
jimbojetset
Believe it or not I have 2 lovely models shooting nude for a day at £50 the other topless for the day at £100.
Others are dropping thier rates below £200 for all kinds of work.

Is this the cause of the recession, i ask myself.

Posted 28 Jan 2009
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
jimbojetset

Believe it or not I have 2 lovely models shooting nude for a day at £50 the other topless for the day at £100.
Others are dropping thier rates below £200 for all kinds of work.

Is this the cause of the recession, i ask myself.

Well I bet that post has really put you in the good books of the model doing nude if she has seen it!

Posted 28 Jan 2009
farnham
Studio
farnham
She is fine with it.
Oh not one on her I must add.

redbaron

Well I bet that post has really put you in the good books of the model doing nude if she has seen it!

Posted 28 Jan 2009
Bob
Photographer
Bob
photomane9

">* Jenna gets £180 for each Page 3 photoshoot.

This is probably the single statistic from the list which should be highlighted and pointed out to the dreamers, especially as it is indicative of the rate one of the well-established professionals on the Page 3 circuit can expect to earn - I believe newcomers usually pick up as little as half that amount. It is also worth pointing out that it is not unusual for three or four shots from the shoot to be used over a period of weeks or months before those who are not at the top of the pecking order get used again.

Possibly that's why, assuming the list is correct, a run-of-the-mill P3 only earns about the same as a 35hr a week clerical worker or capable telesales operator does.

Bob
Posted 28 Jan 2009
Edited by Bob 28 Jan 2009
ChrisD
Photographer
ChrisD
Bob

This is probably the single statistic from the list which should be highlighted and pointed out to the dreamers, especially as it is indicative of the rate one of the well-established professionals on the Page 3 circuit can expect to earn - I believe newcomers usually pick up as little as half that amount. It is also worth pointing out that it is not unusual for three or four shots from the shoot to be used over a period of weeks or months before those who are not at the top of the pecking order get used again.

Possibly that's why, assuming the list is correct, a run-of-the-mill P3 only earns about the same as a 35hr a week clerical worker or capable telesales operator does.

Bob

Well said Bob    
Posted 28 Jan 2009
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Stats are all very well.....but in the REAL world.....

Appart from the top earners and most in demand models of whom there may be, at the most, ...around 10...

just about any page 3 girl or top model can be booked for £300 a day...most can be had for less. 

Professional models tend to be quite sensible and pragmatic...the know they will occassionally earn large fees...but there are very, very few who will turn down a decent days work in the £200 to £300 region. 

Posted 28 Jan 2009
photomane9
Photographer
photomane9
IainT

Stats are all very well.....but in the REAL world.....

Appart from the top earners and most in demand models of whom there may be, at the most, ...around 10...

just about any page 3 girl or top model can be booked for £300 a day...most can be had for less. 

Professional models tend to be quite sensible and pragmatic...the know they will occassionally earn large fees...but there are very, very few who will turn down a decent days work in the £200 to £300 region. 

I agree Iain, just don't try and get Lucy Pinder for that sort of money - the Neon Management bookers will die laughing! Seriously though, at £250 per day they only have to work five days a month to reach the £12,000 pa average quoted above, after their agent has taken a cut.
Posted 28 Jan 2009
Edited by photomane9 28 Jan 2009
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2

I have often had problems working out rates of pay and after using a studio where several of  the models are published use this as a guide.

I have paid the fees to a page3 girl and also a model that appears regularly on TV and they are regulalry booked by the studio at the current rates:-
Model  Hire Per Hour Members Rate (Minimum 2 Hours)
Fashion, Glamour, Topless........................£25
Figure (Nude).......................£30
U.K. Men's Magazine.......................£40
Video (Fashion, Glamour, Topless, Figure)......................£50
U.K. Men's Magazine Video.....................£70

Model Hire Per Hour Non Members Rates (Minimum 2 Hours)
Fashion, Glamour, Topless........................£30
Figure (Nude)........................£35
U.K. Men's Magazine........................£45
Video (Fashion, Glamour, Figure)......................£55
U.K. Men's Magazine Video......................£75

However, when I hire a model for fashion shows or models for publicity or promotions then I  can pay upward of £500 a day.  Like everything else some people have an unrealistic sense of their value but there is always some one who will pay regardless.

Posted 28 Jan 2009
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join