FASHION MODEL FORUM

FASHION MODEL FORUM

23 posts
25 Aug 2008
For people over 5'8" who don't want to get their boobs or bits out?!!
Posted 25 Aug 2008
saoirsecrean

For people over 5'8" who don't want to get their boobs or bits out?!!

I'd be all for that.

Posted 25 Aug 2008
matt
Photographer
matt
Do you mean an aditional section in the existing models category, or a whole new category dedicated to fashion?

Posted 26 Aug 2008
matt

Do you mean an aditional section in the existing models category, or a whole new category dedicated to fashion?

I would have thought just an additional section in the existing models category to be sufficient. The present categories seem to cater far much for those involved in glamour work.

Posted 26 Aug 2008
maybe a whole new section, so you can search through fashion models, or in the forum have photographers seeking fashion models and models seeking fashion work. It's just too difficult to filter through all the glamour stuff at the moment.
Posted 27 Aug 2008
saoirsecrean

It's just too difficult to filter through all the glamour stuff at the moment.

Agreed, whenever I post seeking models for fashion work it seems to be lost in a deluge of posts from guys just wanting to see female body parts.

Posted 27 Aug 2008
RayLiu
Photographer
RayLiu
Hey I think this is a brill idea!
Posted 28 Aug 2008
Would models have to be 5' 8" or over to post?

I would suggest a tick box for advertisers to select the type of work offered or sought in the forums currently available.
This would then display a category in the thread title. Rather like the location dialogue now on certain fora. 

But for the sake of sanity keep it simple ie Fashion, Swimwear/lingerie, Glamour, Nude, Adult, Fetish & Alternative should cover anything worth doing so we don't need all that "implied" malarkey.

It doesn't work with locations as there is currently a thread entitled Manchester #ff0000">(West Yorkshire) but a tick box would prevent this.

Posted 28 Aug 2008
Scarlettes

Would models have to be 5' 8" or over to post?

5'8" is considered a must for the cat walk but I've found there's plenty of work out there for models that are height challenged.

Posted 29 Aug 2008
WhiteHorse

5'8" is considered a must for the cat walk but I've found there's plenty of work out there for models that are height challenged.

That question which opened my post was just my sense of humour coming out Nick.

When the OP suggested a forum for people over 5' 8" I just wondered who would be checking the height of forum contributors and what would be the consequences for any 5' 7" shortarses who had the temerity to post.

However, back to the point, I don't think a seperate forum for fashion work would be necessary if all offering/seeking work adverts carried a dialogue stating the general work type in the thread title.

EG " Blonde available next Saturday in Bristol" #ff0000">(Glamour) or "Slim model with 2 heads required in Birmingham" #ff0000">(Alternative)

If the categories could only be selected via a compulsory tickbox then no ad would appear without the worktype displayed in the thread title.

I'm sure that anybody ticking the wrong box would have it brought to their attention soon enough. This happens already when a thread is started in the wrong forum.

Posted 29 Aug 2008
photomane9
Photographer
photomane9
Scarlettes makes a good point. Fashion doesn't equal catwalk. Therefore a height restriction on a Fashion-only forum would be unnecessarily limiting. For example, a fashion designer I know is currently advertising via another site for models for a catwalk show who are around 5'6" - 5'7" but bustier  than the average "fashion" model, because her next collection features a lot of basques and plunging necklines. It's still fashion, but the job could appeal to some models who would otherwise be classed as glamour models. Ditto certain catalogue modelling, where the model's look and figure is more important than her height, but is still classed as fashion.
Posted 29 Aug 2008
Edited by photomane9 29 Aug 2008
well- all i meant was a non glamour section! just fashion lingerie catwalk all in one section, glamour in another and promotions in another... or something like that. just to make things easier for eveyone. xx
Posted 16 Sep 2008
saoirsecrean

well- all i meant was a non glamour section! just fashion lingerie catwalk all in one section, glamour in another and promotions in another... or something like that. just to make things easier for eveyone. xx

That sounds like a good idea,rather than a height restriction.

Posted 16 Sep 2008
crispy
Photographer
crispy
It's a good idea.  In theory that is.
Just like at the moment, where those of less intelligence are cross-posting the same precise thread in the current two forums, the same thing will most definitely happen here too.
If it's strictly fashion, whether it's glamour or not & does not include lingerie, then it has my backing.  That's about 0.0001% of the membership behind me, then! 

BTW, I would like to say that I do admire those models who tailor their post's contents according to forum.  It show's initiative. 
Chris

Posted 17 Sep 2008
Edited by crispy 18 Sep 2008
Iza
Model
Iza
I consider myself a fashion model and but I do not mind tasteful implied topless but I wouldn't go any further

Posted 22 July 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join