Time to say goodbye :-(

Time to say goodbye :-(

108 posts
19 Jan 2019
matt
Photographer
matt

Hi Everyone, 

I have a bit of a sad announcement to make.

They say all good things must come to an end and unfortunately that time has arrived for Purestorm. After much deliberation I have decided that the time is right to close it down. 

It's been an amazing journey but due to other commitments I just don't have enough hours in the day to continue running Purestorm. I think to be honest the industry has changed so much over the last few years that running a website like this just isn't viable anymore.

In all likely hood the closing date will be somewhere around the end of February/beginning of March. 

For those of you who have subscriptions, they will be cancelled. For those of you with yearly subscriptions, they will be cancelled and the remainder of your year will be refunded.

There have been some wonderful people on Purestorm and I will miss having you all in my life

I will follow this up with another post in due course but I just wanted to give you all as much notice as possible that the end is nigh!

Best regards

Matt

Posted 19 Jan 2019
Edited by matt 19 Jan 2019
GymnastEnPointe
Mr_Catz
TinDolls
STUDIOMERLIN
takeapic
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls

Such a shame, this is the only modeling site that you felt part of a community. It will be a loss to all of us, 

Best of luck on your future plans Matt 

Posted 19 Jan 2019
Edited by TinDolls 19 Jan 2019
tiggerlilly
Photographer
tiggerlilly

Oh dear and I had only begun to settle in. Still, time stands still for no man. Best wishes and good luck. Thanks for allowing me to step into the modelling world.   Andy

Posted 19 Jan 2019
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485

Thank you Matt and your team for all your efforts over the years

Very best wishes to you all

Paul

Posted 19 Jan 2019
mattharper
jonathantennant
Photographer
jonathantennant

Matt,

Wow, so sad. 

I still remember the first day I joined many years ago. Never knew this or any site existed until I had a photo shoot with a model called Lozzy. It was a Masterclass at the SWPP and had a great shoot Fay and Trevor Yarbury . 

Over the years I got to photograph some great models and met some fab photographers.

I wish you all the best and many thanks for setting PS

Jonathan

Posted 19 Jan 2019
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl

Shame after so long and the recent revamp; all the best Matt!

Posted 19 Jan 2019
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X

All good things........

Also, thanks for the heads-up.  This has allowed me to copy and paste the References I have earned over 10 years.  Such great memories.

Wishing you all the very best for the future. 

Posted 19 Jan 2019
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron

So sad after all the effort you have put in to get the new site up and running but better to make that call than just see the site drift aimlessly until something critical breaks. I wish you the very best for the future Matt

Posted 19 Jan 2019
63jian
Photographer
63jian

Thank you Matt for all the effect over the years.

I''l be sad to see you go. All the best for the future.

Posted 19 Jan 2019
ChrisD
Photographer
ChrisD

I joined this site on the 21st of August 2006 and have to say I do feel upset and disappointed that the site will be pemanently closing down.

To be fair I can understand and appreciate why, but it is still a great shame.

Thank you so much Matt, and your team for what you've done over the years, I still have fond memories of when this site was the place to be when it came to model/photographer sites.

Back in the day it was just as busy and popular as another site has become. All the best Matt and I hope you life is less stressful in future.

Regards  Chris

Posted 19 Jan 2019
KarenR
Model
KarenR

Omg. I'm actually upset about this. 

Purestorm has been a major part of my life for many many years. It has always been my go to site, even through the down days. 

I've built a fab career mostly because of this site. Thank you Matt and team for everything. 

Posted 19 Jan 2019

I originally joined in 2007 and this is where I started and learned modelling, it was a true community that ive never really felt anywhere else and I met many great people here, its sad its going and feels like a chapter closing 

Posted 19 Jan 2019

oh no : ( iv been using purestorm for years! always found it so good! and so much better than purple port! what a shame! I hope someone else takes on purestorm or makes a website like this

Posted 19 Jan 2019
Thunder_Photos
jetbrown
Photographer
jetbrown

I run a facebook modelling group with over 4000 members and I totally get what you are saying about the input that you to put in on a daily basis. 

Such a shame - I joined in March 2007 and watched as it built up in those early years - nothing could come close to what you offered.

I was really angry when the breakaway happened and did not want to support them, until there was no option other than being left behind.

Thank you for creating an amazing industry leading site.

Good luck in whatever ventures your life takes you into next.

Posted 19 Jan 2019
Bob
Photographer
Bob
matt
After much deliberation I have decided that the time is right to close it down.

Sorry to hear this, but I can't say I'm surprised as the scene is nothing like as vibrant and positive as it was a decade ago.

As a much-missed Russian former model member of this site used to regularly say: Goodbye, and thanks for the fish!

Bob

Posted 19 Jan 2019
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join