Beginner photographer

Beginner photographer

2 posts
9 Dec 2018
Rjhphotography
Photographer
Rjhphotography

Hello ive only been doing photography a week ive been mostly outside shooting buildings nature etc, but im wanting to get into modeling shoots,portraits ,  how do i go about getting someone to shoot with me please or any tips will be really appreciated for a newbie? Plese let me know what you think about my profile and work so far

Posted 9 Dec 2018
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron

Pay. There will always be models confident or mad enough to work with a new photographer lacking references, depending on your point of view. Also it is worth doing a few shoots with a genuinly experienced model as you will learn a huge amount from them both in terms of modelling and photography. Ivory Flame for example, a very well known model is also an awsome photographer in her own right even though it is not something she makes a point of talking about.

Keep an eye out for studios nearby running a studio day where you can book and hour or so with a model and all the kit provided. That gets the references flowing, which along with a wider selection of images is the key to finding others to work with. You may even find a local camera club runs sessions. I used to have one use our studio once a year complete with models.

In terms of portfolio at the moment it is a bit to random and limited to really make much comment beyond perhaps take the flash off the camera and never put it back. If resources are limited pop over to Creativelive.com 

While the courses are not cheap they always have at least one of them running live every day so as long as you are patient and keep an eye on the list of what is coming up you are bound to find some sessions running that will be of use. Right at this moment for example they are running a course by Brooke Shaden on conceptual photography that I paid around $100 for last year. Only downside is you have to watch live. Miss it and you miss it. Tomorrow 10th Dec it is the Photographers starter kit for beginners!

Posted 9 Dec 2018
Edited by redbaron 9 Dec 2018
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join