Sorry, this profile is still waiting to be approved

Sorry, this profile is still waiting to be approved

6 posts
2 weeks ago
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos

From time to time recently I've had a photo liked or have been followed by someone or other whose name I don't recognise and when, out of curiosity, I check who the person is I'm told " Sorry, this profile is still waiting to be approved "

Why is this? Have Purestorm given up accepting members?

Anyone?

@Matt?

Posted 2 weeks ago
Edited by Thunder_Photos 2 weeks ago
doughnut
Photographer
doughnut

I think it's possible to deactivate accounts, in which case the account still exists (which is why the website allows links to it), but being deactivated means it leads to that 404 Page Not Found malarkey.

Posted 2 weeks ago
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos
doughnut

I think it's possible to deactivate accounts, in which case the account still exists (which is why the website allows links to it), but being deactivated means it leads to that 404 Page Not Found malarkey.

So someone likes a photo or follows me and five minutes later deactivates their account? Seems unlikely.

If an account is deactivated (or removed) then the page says so, These say, as the subject line says.

And personalised 404s complete with avateur?

Posted 2 weeks ago
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron

Yes i have had this too. I can understand having a period where a new model can browse the site and get there bearings before getting besieged by trophy hunters. If that is the case though then it needs to be a more relevant message. I do hope we are not returning to the nonsense of the past where joining seemed almost a privilege only handed to those admin took a shine to. 

Posted 2 weeks ago
Edited by redbaron 2 weeks ago
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos
redbaron

Yes i have had this too. I can understand having a period where a new model can browse the site and get there bearings before getting besieged by trophy hunters. If that is the case though then it needs to be a more relevant message. I do hope we are not returning to the nonsense of the past where joining seemed almost a privilege only handed to those admin took a shine to. 

Yes if were only,like my post,happening a few minutes after my notification it makes sense but there are photo loves and follows going back some time where it would appear that the various people haven't been approved.

Posted 2 weeks ago
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos

Oh and BTW the avateur of the latest one has changed so they haven't left after posting their loved. As a point of interest these appear as notifications to me but don't appear in the aactivvity feed

Posted 2 weeks ago
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join