Mail system

10 posts
9 Oct 2018
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle

Matt, whilst the new system is better in many ways than the old system one area where it is weaker is the mail system. In particular the limitations of the new system are:

1. Only the most recent 11 threads can be seen using the Inbox button. The rest are accessible only using the speech balloon right of the avatar but it’s not as good as the Inbox

2. There is no way to delete or archive message threads.

3. There is no way to sort threads into folders, very useful in the old system.

4. There is no longer a signature feature.

5. There is no way to add a title to the messages.

Do you have any plans to tackle any of these limitations?

Posted 9 Oct 2018

Good post! I was about to make the same suggestion; especially the lack of folders that we had before. I used to organise mine into 'discussion', 'booked', 'completed'. It was a VERY handy tool to have! Not being able to archive or delete is a huge problem for me too. I didn't use signatures so that doesn't bother me but I know a huge number did. I agree with needing to be able to title messages! I was really happy with some of the site changes (I'd been away for a couple of years!), but really disappointed with others. I would happily upgrade my account again if this could be sorted for us.

@Matt have you seen this, can you help us!?

Posted 3 weeks ago
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos
GymnastEnPointe

@Matt have you seen this, can you help us!?

Good points, did you also see my post where I said that after 10 different messages prior ones just disappear. i.e. no page 1, 2 etc.

Still waiting for a response from @Matt on that one too.

Posted 3 weeks ago
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle

Nice to hear from you Emma, good to see you back.

After six or seven weeks you'd think someone in Admin would have noticed and had the courtesy to reply. I'm not holding my breath!

Posted 3 weeks ago
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos
Liteangle

After six or seven weeks you'd think someone in Admin would have noticed and had the courtesy to reply. I'm not holding my breath!

There is a post I made to another forum a while ago l called Front Page Bugs. The reason I posted it was that there are various threads going back some time in the bugs forum that are never addressed

Posted 3 weeks ago
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle
Thunder_Photos
Liteangle

There is a post I made to another forum a while ago l called Front Page Bugs. The reason I posted it was that there are various threads going back some time in the bugs forum that are never addressed

Indeed you did. Maybe more comments on here will eventually attract the attention of Admin. Matt welcomed Emma back so perhaps he pays more attention to comments from models! I can understand that building up to the launch of the new site would have been a major commitment and that some rest or at least a break was needed. It's been six months since the re-launch so I hope he is gearing up to address some of the issues we have raised.

Posted 3 weeks ago
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos
Liteangle

Matt welcomed Emma back so perhaps he pays more attention to comments from models!

Yes Emma ( @GymnastEnPointe) was welcomed back to her pre existing profile but I understand there are others who wish(ed) to join Purestorm but have yet to be approved.

It's also very nice for a photo I took of Emma to be on the front page for a few weeks but isn't it about time that other, newer, photos were shown now.

Posted 3 weeks ago
Edited by Thunder_Photos 3 weeks ago
matt
Photographer
matt
Liteangle

Matt, whilst the new system is better in many ways than the old system one area where it is weaker is the mail system. In particular the limitations of the new system are:

1. Only the most recent 11 threads can be seen using the Inbox button. The rest are accessible only using the speech balloon right of the avatar but it’s not as good as the Inbox

2. There is no way to delete or archive message threads.

3. There is no way to sort threads into folders, very useful in the old system.

4. There is no longer a signature feature.

5. There is no way to add a title to the messages.

Do you have any plans to tackle any of these limitations?

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying: -

1. It should display all threads and automatically load older threads as you scroll down. It doesn't look like it's doing this so I'll look into that.

2. You can delete individual messages but I can see that it would be useful to delete threads in their entirety so I'll sort that out.

3. Unfortunately becuase of the way the messaging system works now it isn't possible to have folders at the moment

4. I'll add the signature feature back in

5. It was felt that adding the title everytime you wanted tosend a message was a bit cumbersome so we removed it.

Matt

Posted 3 weeks ago
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle

Thanks for the reply, Matt. I look forward to seeing progress on these issues shortly.

Posted 3 weeks ago
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos
Liteangle

Thanks for the reply, Matt. I look forward to seeing progress on these issues shortly.

Me too

Posted 3 weeks ago
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join