Canon 60D - advantages over the 40D ?

Canon 60D - advantages over the 40D ?

6 posts
29 Sep 2018
Moorlane
Photographer
Moorlane

My faithful Canon 40D let me down yesterday after many years of reliable service. I fancy a gentle move up to a 60D ( more megapixels, video facility etc) and wondered if anyone else had made this switch and found it worth it? Many thanks .

Posted 29 Sep 2018
somph
Photographer
somph

A couple of years ago I as in the same situation. My 550D packed in the day before a lighting workshop, which I attended literally with a new camera (50D) with not too much idea on how to use. Moving from one of the prosumer cameras to another will b less pain than from consume to prosumer, like I did. If you have the cash, try the new(ish) 80D.

Posted 30 Sep 2018
Moorlane
Photographer
Moorlane
somph

A couple of years ago I as in the same situation. My 550D packed in the day before a lighting workshop, which I attended literally with a new camera (50D) with not too much idea on how to use. Moving from one of the prosumer cameras to another will b less pain than from consume to prosumer, like I did. If you have the cash, try the new(ish) 80D.

Thanks  for taking  the  trouble  to reply. I will raid my piggy  bank and see what I can manage.! Can I ask what advantages te 80D wll give me? Thanks  again   John

Posted 30 Sep 2018
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack

I went for a 550 to a 70D -  really nice - rear view screen being "flipable" is great along with other tech upgrades.....  well worth it.

Posted 1 Oct 2018
cohiba
Photographer
cohiba

I am just about to upgade so will have a 60D up for sale if you are interested?

Regards

Paul

Posted 6 Oct 2018
exuphoto
Photographer
exuphoto

My two pennies, look at a second hand 6D with low shutter count for a shift to full-frame (yes, it'll give you some notable impact on dynamic range), or pick up a 70D if you can find a good one and spend the money on glass. I've gone through plenty... 20D, 30D, 6D, 5DmkIV and whilst there are discernible differences on e.g. autofocus, speed, range etc... the one aspect which ALWAYS is visible to my naked eye is the glass.

Posted 12 Oct 2018
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join