Oil pulling for teeth

Oil pulling for teeth

13 posts
16 July 2018
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ

Talk to me about the effectiveness or not of oil pulling to make your teeth all shiny and stain free.

Thanks

Posted 16 July 2018
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography

Wouldnt oil make your teeth black ?

Posted 17 July 2018
matt
Photographer
matt

I tried it for a little while with olive oil. It was quite effective but I couldn't be arsed to keep doing it

Posted 17 July 2018
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
PHP_Photography

Wouldnt oil make your teeth black ?

Well if you used Castrol GTX, then yes and it might not taste very nice and eventually if you cancer.  

However you're actually supposed to use coconut oil.

Posted 17 July 2018
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
HowardJ

However you're actually supposed to use coconut oil.

Damn, now you are telling me.

Posted 17 July 2018
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd

What the rubber duck is "oil pulling"?

Posted 17 July 2018
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
RupertRudd

You squish and pull coconut oil between your teeth and your mouth for about 10 to 15 minutes everyday. It's supposed to remove stains and remove toxins from your body and make the people that sell it vast amount of money. 

Posted 18 July 2018
Bob
Photographer
Bob
HowardJ
RupertRudd

You squish and pull coconut oil between your teeth and your mouth for about 10 to 15 minutes everyday.

Surely if one likes coconut, which I don't, it would be more pleasurable to chew one's way through half a box of Bounty Bars?

Posted 19 July 2018
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Bob
HowardJ
RupertRudd

You squish and pull coconut oil between your teeth and your mouth for about 10 to 15 minutes everyday.

Surely if one likes coconut, which I don't, it would be more pleasurable to chew one's way through half a box of Bounty Bars?

I hadn't thought of that.  Good idea. 

Posted 20 July 2018
HowardJ
Bob
HowardJ
RupertRudd

This is hilarious! 

Just eat all the chocolate off first then just use the coconut bar as floss! HAHA! 

Posted 26 July 2018
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
CharlotteKey
HowardJ
Bob
HowardJ
RupertRudd

This is hilarious! 

Just eat all the chocolate off first then just use the coconut bar as floss! HAHA! 

Someone has clearly thought this through way too much .

Posted 26 July 2018
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ

So I tried the bounty bar idea and the results were:

- teeth are a little bit whiter

- I've put on a stone in weight - maybe I need to learn to spit instead of swallowing?

- 14 bounty bars are cheaper than 14 days of coconut oil stuff from Amazon

- it is a bit time consuming and messy to bite all the chocolate off the bounty bar then liquidise the coconut so I can swill it around my mouth . It adds about 30 minutes to my morning routine. 

Posted 3 Aug 2018
summersummerfun3
Bob
Photographer
Bob
HowardJ

So I tried the bounty bar idea and the results were:

- teeth are a little bit whiter

- I've put on a stone in weight - maybe I need to learn to spit instead of swallowing?

- 14 bounty bars are cheaper than 14 days of coconut oil stuff from Amazon

- it is a bit time consuming and messy to bite all the chocolate off the bounty bar then liquidise the coconut so I can swill it around my mouth . It adds about 30 minutes to my morning routine

Doh!

In this heat just take the Bounty Bar out of the fridge the night before and let the chocolate melt off. This will probably cut down your prep time to a few seconds... and look at the cost saving too

Posted 3 Aug 2018
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join