Graphic Artists

9 posts
23 June 2018
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls

We have sections for models, photographers, studios and make up artists. Shouldnt we have one for digital /graphic artists with the ever changing world of digital photography.

As we all know the work involved in producing such images

Posted 23 June 2018
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker

This has cropped up before for artists who book models for hand-drawn sketches.  I seem to recall it was concluded they should simply describe themselves as a photographer, but mention their intent in the description (which seems fair enough and should be self-explanatory if they have suitable images of their work).

Posted 25 June 2018
Bob
Photographer
Bob
TinDolls

Shouldnt we have one for digital /graphic artists with the ever changing world of digital photography.

No! Please, please, NO!

I get repeatedly spammed by 'wizards', crooks and scummers on another site that places few restrictions on them joining up and in the past I have also had issues with dumb models who have given these guys 'permission' to screw up my work.

There are also some of these shysters who then declare their copyright on the subsequently modified image.

Good retouchers who can artistically enhance images can be worth their weight in gold, and can charge accordingly, but unfortunately the majority who claim to be 'wizards' are often just comparatively talentless paint-by-numbers cowboys.

Posted 25 June 2018
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls

And the reason we should Bob if they are bad then it will show in their portfolios

Posted 25 June 2018
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
TinDolls

And the reason we should Bob if they are bad then it will show in their portfolios

That won't stop them. Get a copy of Portrait Pro and they think they are the Gods of retouching. Really pisses me off when they PM you saying how wonderful your images are...then move on to suggest you may want to make use of their services. If they are that good then obviously I do't need their services, so why bother me. That or they are lying and think my Photoshop work is crap. Which may be true but at least its my kind of crap .

Posted 25 June 2018
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls

Almost as bad as the daily e-mails from people asking to?improve my website im actually referring to serious art not using skin softening on every picture

Posted 25 June 2018
Bob
Photographer
Bob
TinDolls

if they are bad then it will show in their portfolios

Next thing you'll be telling us you believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy.

Unlike photographers and models, who it can be reasonably presumed are mostly uploading examples of their own work onto web portfolios, many of those claiming to be retouchers post pictures on t'internet that are not actually their work and are very far from being a true reflection of their skills... or lack of same.

And that is without bringing into the equation those professional criminal gangs who are just trying to harvest gullible hobbyists' banking details with '3 images retouched for $10' and similar offers. Thankfully this site seems not to attract them in the numbers that are targeting the American-based sites.

If you want somebody to improve your images for you, why don't you browse through some of the high quality photographer portfolios and ask them if they would be willing to manipulate your photos for you?

In these relatively austere times for many professional photographers I'm sure there will be a few who would be quite happy to earn a few quid for this service.

Posted 26 June 2018
Bob
Photographer
Bob
redbaron

That won't stop them. Get a copy of Portrait Pro and they think they are the Gods of retouching.

Do you mean the PaintshopPro Pixies, whose main goal in life is to pick up a thirdhand Adobe CD on fleabay to allow them to grow into Photoshop Wizards?

Posted 26 June 2018
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls

gods of retouching now thats a new catagory Matt if your reading this

i am only on about serious graphic artists and there are a few on here, not idiots selling a quick bad fix. 

but again it raises the subject when does a photograph become a work of art. now thats opening a can of worms

Posted 26 June 2018
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join