Can people please take a few minutes to review my profile.

Can people please take a few minutes to review my profile.

5 posts
17 June 2018

I am a newbie, looking at starting up a portfolio. Doing shoots which link in with fitness, bikini or lingerie. 

I am hoping my profile is full of information and photos are Ok. I only have ones I've done myself due to never done anything like this before. 

Any advice will be appreciated 

Thank you 😊

Tara

Posted 17 June 2018
Edited by Taraleigh 17 June 2018
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz

Hello and welcome to Pure Storm 

Your mobile pics show off your potential.

Posted 17 June 2018
Edited by Mr_Catz 17 June 2018
Taraleigh
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls

Selfie's are not a portfolio, but they do give photographer's a idea what you have to offer.

You say you wont do topless or nude but you show implied topless. Mixed messages from 2 pictures will make less trustworthy photographers push you for more especially as another image focuses on a almost cameltoe so perhaps that needs deleting or your levels changed.

A few normal fashion or portrait images are a must, im sure you dont just wear sports gear all day.

Plus the 2 pictures which almost show your face are obscured by your phone.

Having said all that you do seem to have a good face and figure and I look forward to seeing good images of you in the future, if your ever down this part of the UK we would be happy to help you build your port

Posted 17 June 2018
Numb
Photographer
Numb

Everyone has to start somewhere and as the previous poster kind of suggested, a lot of photographers tend to be offended that people consider a 'selfie' to be classed in the same category as an image that was designed, lit, shot, developed and edited, hopefully with some skill, by a photographer.

That said, we all have to start somewhere and you have taken the initiative to post your images on here, so well done.

I would suggest your next step is to find a decent local photographer that you can work with. Maybe even approach someone on here who is local to you and whose work you like. Depending on who they are, you may or may not have to pay them to get your portfolio up and running, but see if you can work on a couple of different looks and perhaps, genres as well. But look at it as an investment, if you are serious about going forward.

Try and put up a casting on this site looking for photographers in your local area and maybe you'll get what you are loooking for.

Good luck with it all.

Posted 24 June 2018
Edited by Numb 24 June 2018
ByrdArtist
Photographer
ByrdArtist

Tara

Welcome to this mad world!  Don't worry too much about these photos as they have been done by you and not a photographer.  What they do show is that you have a toned body that could hold a difficult physical pose..Think, standing on one leg, arched back, head thrown back, the other leg raised and bent at the knee, lit with a strong side light, or hands and feet on the floor, back to the floor, then arching it away from the ground.  

Maybe do a casting call emphasising your physical abilities, yet wanting to put them to an artistic outcome, and done on a time for print basis just until you build a portfolio. That, I would be interested in, but for one thing - the tattoos, sorry, but for me the other art work gets in the way of mine!!

I wish you well, make that casting call, and see what happens.

Colin

Posted 26 June 2018
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join